Opportunity for an Acoustic Consultant (or experienced Graduate) to join our growing team in Manchester City Centre, in a great location, just off Albert Square.
Hydrock is an independently-owned integrated multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy of over 800 staff, operating out of 20 offices in the UK. We have been consistently in the 100 Best Companies to Work For list for the last eight years. We pride ourselves on looking after our people and our values help create a unique, dynamic, working environment. Feedback from our client listening programme and employee surveys indicates we are great to work with, whether providing our services to a client or a rewarding experience for our employees.
As an Acoustic Engineer, you will be encouraged to pursue the sectors and areas of acoustics that interest you, as well as having the opportunity to engage in acoustics research projects. This is an exciting opportunity for a bright, enthusiastic and ambitious individual, to join our thriving Acoustics team in Manchester and be fully supported in your professional career development.
As part of the role, you would provide the following services:
- Environmental noise surveys and assessments
- Design reports across the RIBA design stages
- Assessment of projects against British and International Standards
- Liaison with statutory authorities, architects, the design team and contractors
- Attendance at client, design and site meetings. Site inspections and reporting
- Development of in-house software spreadsheets and design tools
- Building acoustic models using SoundPlan, CATT, Odeon, IMMI etc.
- Be a self-motivated team player with good people skills
- Experienced in undertaking noise surveys, data analysis, assessments and report writing
- Have a good grasp of mathematics and acoustics concepts
- Around two years of experience in an acoustics engineering consultancy role or similar
- BSc/BEng in Acoustics, IOA Diploma in Acoustics & Noise Control, or similar qualification in related discipline.
- Some experience using acoustic modelling software such as SoundPlan, CATT, Odeon, CadnaA, Insul etc.
- Understanding of current policy, standards and building regulations
How we work
Most of us hybrid work and all our offices are set up for hot-desking, so you can select and book a desk through our cloud booking system. A smaller proportion of us like being in the office fulltime and if you’re in the office every day you’ll have a designated desk to use. By offering you more flexibility, our aim is to enable everyone to work in a way that best facilitates productivity, work/life balance and collaboration.
What we can offer you
Inspired and motivated colleagues. A good team, office and employer (check out our 2021 wrap up video here). A genuine opportunity to create and to be recognised and rewarded (the starting point will be a market leading remuneration package).
A career with Hydrock offers you the chance to achieve your potential in a strongly people-focused and values-led business that provides great opportunities for professional and personal development.
A place where we can all thrive
At Hydrock, we value our diversity and place wellbeing and inclusion for all at the heart of our culture. Offering our people flexibility is an important factor in achieving these aims, so we encourage everyone talk to us about any ideas which enable you to balance your personal commitments with your responsibilities at work. Please let us know your current and/or desired flexible working arrangements in your covering letter, so we can discuss how this could work for you in this role.
Hydrock is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We consider all applications on an individual’s alignment with the required qualifications, knowledge and experience outlined in this job advert, without regard to any of the protected characteristics. So that we can provide everyone with a fair selection, assessment and employment experience, please make us aware if you have any physical or neurodiverse condition for which appropriate reasonable adjustments can be made by us.
More about us
Our year on film
It’s impossible to note all the many wonderful stories and achievements, when marking the end of another brilliant 365 days, so instead we give you our end of year video – enjoy – we did!Read more
Unlocking healthier buildings for happier people
Natural daylight is fundamental for our sleep quality, mood, productivity and overall mental health – it’s one of the most crucial elements of a building’s design.Read more