Job Title: Administration Assistant
Hours: Part Time - 15-20 hours per week, preferably Mon-Fri
We have an opportunity for an Administration Assistant to become a highly valued contributor and team member in our Southampton Office (SO15 2NP). You will be supporting the user-experience of every member of staff and visitor to the office, ensuring that we continue to be one of the best places to work (Hydrock were Top 10 in 100 Best Companies to Work for Survey)
Reporting to the Office Manager, you will support all of the disciplines and office functions. You can expect a professional, vibrant and fast-paced office environment where everyone pulls together to achieve shared goals. This role plays a pivotal part in supporting a range of Engineers, Consultants and Directors with all operational aspects of team management as part of a multi-disciplinary office. Our office is modern, light and comfortable, in a well-maintained Grade A office building in the city centre with views across the park and the historic Civic Centre. Located close to Southampton Central train station, main bus routes and public car parks, with excellent bike storage facilities, it’s easy to access.
Core Job Functions
Support the user-experience of every member of staff and visitor to the office with a friendly and professional office, including:
- Direction of enquiries and managing any issues for our office users;
- Promptly responding to all incoming calls; answering queries, redirecting calls, and taking messages;
- Support with general office management, liaising with the building’s facilities staff;
- Welcoming office visitors and directing subcontractors;
- Monitor the Southampton office inbox and forward/respond to enquiries;
- Arrange travel and accommodation on our Click Travel booking site;
- Provide administrative support to the team, including managing diaries, proof reading & document editing.
- Organise, attend and minute divisional and regional meetings;
- Supporting the Office Manager in London, with ad-hoc activities for the South East region, including staff engagement, CPD and Marketing events;
- Raising purchase order for projects & office supplies;
- Maintain the hot-desks, ensuring staff are using the desk booking system correctly;
- Manage all post, including signing for deliveries, logging and distribution; plus, outgoing post and courier arrangements;
- Ordering of catering for staff training/meetings as requested;
- Assist with the ordering of office supplies & PPE, dealing with suppliers, sourcing and ordering of goods & services;
- Undertake photocopying, scanning and general administration as requested by the team.
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Previous experience in an administration role
- Good team player but able to work independently
- Fully competent in the use of Microsoft Office and other associated software (training given)
- Good sense of humour; well-mannered and self-motivated with a proactive approach.
What's great about Hydrock 'in a nutshell'?
We are a British-owned integrated multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy of over 900 staff in 21 offices across the UK. Our driving motivation is to be a ‘Force for Good’, as it is our aim to improve the quality of people’s lives from our employees to our clients, through to the communities we work in and our planet as a whole through the work we do.
From the buildings that surround you, the roads and bridges you cross, all related to the infrastructure that we create, we aim to offer the most sustainable possibilities to shape the places, communities and society that we live in through meeting our client’s needs. Through the path we are on to delivering a green future, the result is something that everyone can be proud of.
Our welcoming and friendly culture is something we are proud of and is supported 9 years in the Top 100 Best Companies to Work For list. Check out some of our incredible projects which have been awarded: 2022 Net Zero Award for Bay Technology Centre, the Integration and Collaborative Working Award for YGG Tan-y-Lan primary school, The Deaf Academy awarded for its Universal Design at the 2022 Civic Trust Awards and Bristol’s iconic waterfront Wapping Wharf Living making a double win at the Bristol Property Awards!
What we can offer you:
- Inspiring and supportive colleagues
- Reward for progression and hard work
- An opportunity to develop your soft skills, as well your technical skills
- Competitive starting salary
- Excellent health benefits
- 25 days of holiday (buy/sell up to five days), accrue 1 day extra every 2 years, with bonus holidays too!
- An earlier finish on Friday (4pm!)
- An opportunity to give back: “Day off for good cause” (on a workday)
- A huge range of flexible benefits, including climate perks and an EV car leasing scheme
- Our biggest event of the year: Annual Challenge Day!
A place to feel included
We champion diversity, equity, and inclusion. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we commit to supporting our employees and ensure we create a safe environment that nurtures you to perform at your best. Offering our people flexibility is an important factor in achieving this aim.
We consider all application individually with the required qualifications and knowledge without regard to any of the protected characteristics. We would like to provide everyone with a fair selection, assessment and employment experience so we ask with are made aware of any physical or neurodiverse condition within your application for which appropriate reasonable adjustments can be made by us.
Looking for the next steps?
- Once you have completed your application through our careers site, we aim to review and respond to you as soon as your application’s been reviewed.
- If shortlisted, a member of our Recruitment Team will call you for an initial pre-screen by phone (typically 30 minutes) to help us assess your motivations and interest in the position and Hydrock.
- If you progress following this telephone pre-screen, you will be invited to attend a formal interview by video conference (Microsoft Teams) or in our offices.
For the latest updates and news, connect with us on our LinkedIn page!