This is an opportunity for you to join and help lead a successful, fun, highly engaged team of building services design engineering professionals, in an influential and strategically important leadership role with ample opportunity for you to build a legacy and progress in your career. You will help develop and shape the MEP team in what we do locally in the South East region, as well as nationally for framework projects, and you will be part of the regional MEP senior management team. Depending on your strengths, career path and experience, you could join as an Associate Director or Technical Director.
Role and priorities:
- Developing our relationships and brand in London.
- Living and breathing our values and ensuring we are a consultant and employer of choice.
- Team performance including work pipeline, costs and operational management.
- Consistently meeting monthly and annual budget at the team level, supporting MEP budget planning and ongoing review to improve performance.
- Working with the Divisional Director and Regional Board to develop and implement strategic initiatives in the team and across the wider Hydrock business.
- Drive profitable and sustainable work-winning and maintain up-to-date forecasting for the team and input to wider MEP division.
Skills and attributes you’ll need:
- Talent for business development and operations and have worked your way up to Associate Director+ level with one of our competitors.
- You will ideally have existing relationships in London and the South East market or be highly motivated to establish yourself locally at pace.
- Our ethos will strike a chord with you.
- Integrity and credibility. People want to work with you (customers and colleagues).
- Self-motivated team leader, with the ability to lead efficiency and growth.
- Strong communication, analysis and people skills with increased multi-discipline working.
Our Team (MEP)
Our team specialises in the delivery of building services, energy and sustainability services. We deliver M&E engineering design solutions from initial feasibility stages through detailed design and on to construction, handover and post-occupancy.
We offer a fresh approach to M&E, getting involved early, working collaboratively with the design team, highlighting options, guiding design development and using our expertise to help clients make key decisions – an approach that always results in a building that delivers. Our solutions are tailored to the client – with the simplicity of design often key, but with the ability to deliver bespoke highly technical solutions if required.
We work across all sectors, including commercial, industrial, leisure, retail, manufacturing, logistics, heritage, and residential for end-user clients, investors, developers, architects, project managers or engineer-led project teams. This diversity of workstreams, and the fact that all of our team members work across every sector, means we are constantly cross-pollinating ideas. You can check out MEP’s project portfolio here.
What's great about Hydrock 'in a nutshell'
We are a British-owned integrated multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy of over 900 staff in 21 offices across the UK. Our driving motivation is to be a ‘Force for Good’, as it is our aim to improve the quality of people’s lives from our employees to our clients, through to the communities we work in and our planet as a whole through the work we do.
From the buildings that surround you, the roads and bridges you cross, all related to the infrastructure that we create, we aim to offer the most sustainable possibilities to shape the places, communities and society that we live in through meeting our client’s needs. Through the path we are on to delivering a green future, the result is something that everyone can be proud of.
Our welcoming and friendly culture is something we are proud of and has gained us recognition with 9 years in the Top 100 Best Companies to Work For list. Check out some of our incredible projects which have been awarded: 2022 Net Zero Award for Bay Technology Centre, Integration and Collaborative Working Award for YGG Tan-y-Lan primary school, The Deaf Academy awarded for its Universal Design at the 2022 Civic Trust Awards and Bristol’s iconic waterfront Wapping Wharf Living making a double win at the Bristol Property Awards! To top off, here’s our 2022 wrap up video!
What we can offer you:
- Inspiring and supportive colleagues
- Reward for progression and hard work
- An opportunity to develop your soft skills, as well your technical skills
- Competitive starting salary
- Excellent health benefits 25 days of holiday (buy/sell up to five days), accrue 1 day extra every 2 years, with bonus holidays too!
- An earlier finish on Friday (4pm!)
- An opportunity to give back: “Day off for good cause” (on a workday)
- A huge range of flexible benefits, including climate perks and an EV car leasing scheme
- Our biggest event of the year: Annual Challenge Day!
A place to feel included
We champion diversity, equity and inclusion. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we commit to supporting our employees and ensure we create a safe environment that nurtures you to perform at your best. Offering our people flexibility is an important factor in achieving this aim.
We consider all application individually with the required qualifications and knowledge without regard to any of the protected characteristics. We would like to provide everyone with a fair selection, assessment and employment experience so we ask with are made aware of any physical or neurodiverse condition within your application for which appropriate reasonable adjustments can be made by us.
Looking for the next steps?
Once you have completed your application through our careers site, we aim to review and respond to you as soon as your application’s been reviewed.
If shortlisted, a member of our Recruitment Team will call you for an initial pre-screen by phone (typically 30 minutes) to help us assess your motivations and interest in the position and Hydrock.
If you progress following this telephone pre-screen, you will be invited to attend a formal interview by video conference (Microsoft Teams) or in our offices.
For the latest updates and news, connect with us on our LinkedIn page!
More about us
Our year on film
It’s impossible to note all the many wonderful stories and achievements, when marking the end of another brilliant 365 days, so instead we give you our end of year video – enjoy – we did!Read more
Unlocking healthier buildings for happier people
Natural daylight is fundamental for our sleep quality, mood, productivity and overall mental health – it’s one of the most crucial elements of a building’s design.Read more