Hydrock have an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated and detail orientated Associate Engineer to join our thriving MEP team.
We are committed to innovation, sustainability, and excellence in all that we do. As a part of our growing team, you will have the opportunity to work on state-of-the-art data center projects that drive the future of technology.
In this role, you will play a critical part in the planning, design, and maintenance of our world-class data centres. You will work alongside experienced professionals in a collaborative multi-disciplinary environment where your skills and knowledge will be nurtured and expanded.
- Design and Planning: Collaborate with senior engineers to contribute to the mechanical or electrical design of data centres, ensuring efficient and reliable operations.
- Project Support: Assist in project management tasks, such as creating project schedules, budgets, and resource allocation plans.
- Technical Analysis: Conduct technical analyses, calculations, and simulations to optimize data center performance and energy efficiency.
- Documentation: Create and maintain comprehensive engineering documentation, including schematics, diagrams, and technical reports.
- Quality Assurance: Perform quality control checks to ensure that all mechanical or electrical systems meet industry standards and specifications.
- Maintenance: Participate in the development of maintenance strategies and procedures to ensure the ongoing reliability of data center equipment.
- Collaboration: Work closely with cross-functional teams, including architects, project managers, and contractors, to achieve project goals.
- Compliance: Stay up-to-date with industry codes, standards, and regulations related to data center engineering, and ensure projects adhere to these requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or a related field.
- Extensive experience working on data centre design project
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in engineering software tools and CAD applications.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to changing priorities.
- Knowledge of sustainable and energy-efficient engineering practices is a plus.
What's great about Hydrock 'in a nutshell'
We are a British-owned integrated multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy of over 900 staff in 21 offices across the UK. Our driving motivation is to be a ‘Force for Good’, as it is our aim to improve the quality of people’s lives from our employees to our clients, through to the communities we work in and our planet as a whole through the work we do.
From the buildings that surround you, the roads and bridges you cross, all related to the infrastructure that we create, we aim to offer the most sustainable possibilities to shape the places, communities and society that we live in through meeting our client’s needs. Through the path we are on to delivering a green future, the result is something that everyone can be proud of.
Our welcoming and friendly culture is something we are proud of and has gained us recognition with 9 years in the Top 100 Best Companies to Work For list. Check out some of our incredible projects which have been awarded: 2022 Net Zero Award for Bay Technology Centre, Integration and Collaborative Working Award for YGG Tan-y-Lan primary school, The Deaf Academy awarded for its Universal Design at the 2022 Civic Trust Awards and Bristol’s iconic waterfront Wapping Wharf Living making a double win at the Bristol Property Awards!
What we can offer you:
- Inspiring and supportive colleagues
- Reward for progression and hard work
- An opportunity to develop your soft skills, as well your technical skills
- Competitive starting salary
- Excellent health benefits 25 days of holiday (buy/sell up to five days), accrue 1 day extra every 2 years, with bonus holidays too!
- An earlier finish on Friday (4pm!)
- An opportunity to give back: “Day off for good cause” (on a workday)
- A huge range of flexible benefits, including climate perks and an EV car leasing scheme
- Our biggest event: Challenge Day!
A place to feel included
We champion diversity, equity and inclusion. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we commit to supporting our employees and ensure we create a safe environment that nurtures you to perform at your best. Offering our people flexibility is an important factor in achieving this aim.
We consider all application individually with the required qualifications and knowledge without regard to any of the protected characteristics. We would like to provide everyone with a fair selection, assessment and employment experience so we ask with are made aware of any physical or neurodiverse condition within your application for which appropriate reasonable adjustments can be made by us.
Looking for the next steps?
Once you have completed your application through our careers site, we aim to review and respond to you as soon as your application’s been reviewed.
If shortlisted, a member of our Recruitment Team will call you for an initial pre-screen by phone (typically 30 minutes) to help us assess your motivations and interest in the position and Hydrock.
If you progress following this telephone pre-screen, you will be invited to attend a formal interview by video conference (Microsoft Teams) or in our offices.
For the latest updates and news, connect with us on our LinkedIn page!