Senior Geotechnical Engineer
Your role will include:
Earthworks Site Audits/supervision, preparing and checking geotechnical designs and write Geotechnical Design Reports, Earthworks Specifications and Geotechnical Feedback Reports for, among others: embankments, cuttings, earthworks, retaining structures and roads.
Geotechnical design and specification, including ground improvement, temporary works and soil stabilisation, working to all relevant British Standards, Eurocodes, National and International guides and codes of practice for design and specification.
Supporting Engineering Technicians in the production of ground and isopachyte models (in Civil 3D).
Supervising and developing less experienced Engineers and Technicians.
The attributes we expect you to bring to the role and company
- Track record of exceptional delivery over a sustained period within the industry.
- Working knowledge of the behaviour of soils under load and their interaction with structural elements, as well as a thorough understanding of appropriate laboratory techniques and finite element analysis.
- Working knowledge of different forms of contract, in particular the NEC, formation of tender documentation, including compilation of Site and Works information as part of a Tender Package.
- Chartered Engineer or near Chartered
- BEng, MEng, BSc or higher technical qualification (MSc preferred) in Geotechnical or Civil Engineering
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Energy, enthusiasm, positivity, can-do – see our values!
What's great about Hydrock 'in a nutshell'
We are a British-owned integrated multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy of over 900 staff in 21 offices across the UK. Our driving motivation is to be a ‘Force for Good’, as it is our aim to improve the quality of people’s lives from our employees to our clients, through to the communities we work in and our planet as a whole through the work we do.
From the buildings that surround you, the roads and bridges you cross, all related to the infrastructure that we create, we aim to offer the most sustainable possibilities to shape the places, communities and society that we live in through meeting our client’s needs. Through the path we are on to delivering a green future, the result is something that everyone can be proud of.
Our welcoming and friendly culture is something we are proud of and has gained us recognition with 9 years in the Top 100 Best Companies to Work For list. Check out some of our incredible projects which have been awarded: 2022 Net Zero Award for Bay Technology Centre, Integration and Collaborative Working Award for YGG Tan-y-Lan primary school, The Deaf Academy awarded for its Universal Design at the 2022 Civic Trust Awards and Bristol’s iconic waterfront Wapping Wharf Living making a double win at the Bristol Property Awards! To top off, here’s our 2022 wrap up video!
What we can offer you:
- Inspiring and supportive colleagues
- Reward for progression and hard work
- An opportunity to develop your soft skills, as well your technical skills
- Competitive starting salary
- Excellent health benefits 25 days of holiday, accrue 1 day extra every 2 years, with bonus holidays too!
- Flexible office start times and an earlier finish on Friday (1hr earlier!)
- An opportunity to give back: “Day off for good cause” (on a workday)
- A huge range of flexible benefits, including climate perks and an EV car leasing scheme
- Our biggest event of the year: Annual Challenge Day!
A place to feel included
We champion diversity, equity and inclusion. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we commit to supporting our employees and ensure we create a safe environment that nurtures you to perform at your best. Offering our people flexibility is an important factor in achieving this aim.