We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced central finance manager to join our thriving Finance team. The central finance manager will be responsible for overseeing and managing the financial operations of our company, ensuring accuracy and efficient and compliance with financial regulations.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Managing a central finance team, including supervision, training, and other line management responsibilities.
- Implementing and monitoring standard procedures and improving the systems and processes within the Purchase Ledger Team, including the implementation of an Automated Accounts Payable system.
- Working closely with the rest of our Finance Team to ensure deadlines are met and the accounts are as close to "live" as possible.
- Overseeing all ledger processing.
- Managing the month end process for accounts payable, expenses and credit cards to ensure that deadlines are met with all applicable accounts being reconciled and signed off.
- Building relationships with key suppliers and all users of our internal project management system.
- Oversee the Purchase Order to Payment process across the company.
- Producing reports.
- Assist with year-end accounts and supply of audit information.
You’ll be set up for success if you are:
- A qualified accountant with a proven track record of managing a centralised function in a multi-site environment.
- Experience in AP - specifically high-volume processing.
- Strongly process driven.
- A good communicator with strong interpersonal skill and emotional intelligence.
- Good with IT skills, including Excel, are required.
- Able to work collaboratively across a wider team is required.
- Able to prioritise tasks under pressure.
- Able to work autonomously and flexibly.
- A Positive enthusiastic approach with a can-do attitude.
- Knowledgeable of VAT and international taxation requirements.
- Accurate and have good attention to detail.
- Able to demonstrate achieving success in a deadline driven environment and commitment to continuous improvement.
What's great about Hydrock 'in a nutshell'
We are a British-owned integrated multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy of over 900 staff in 21 offices across the UK. Our driving motivation is to be a ‘Force for Good’, as it is our aim to improve the quality of people’s lives from our employees to our clients, through to the communities we work in and our planet as a whole through the work we do.
From the buildings that surround you, the roads and bridges you cross, all related to the infrastructure that we create, we aim to offer the most sustainable possibilities to shape the places, communities and society that we live in through meeting our client’s needs. Through the path we are on to delivering a green future, the result is something that everyone can be proud of.
Our welcoming and friendly culture is something we are proud of and has gained us recognition with 9 years in the Top 100 Best Companies to Work For list. Check out some of our incredible projects which have been awarded: 2022 Net Zero Award for Bay Technology Centre, Integration and Collaborative Working Award for YGG Tan-y-Lan primary school, The Deaf Academy awarded for its Universal Design at the 2022 Civic Trust Awards and Bristol’s iconic waterfront Wapping Wharf Living making a double win at the Bristol Property Awards!
To top off, here’s our 2022 wrap up video!
What we can offer you:
- Inspiring and supportive colleagues
- Reward for progression and hard work
- An opportunity to develop your soft skills, as well your technical skills
- Competitive starting salary
- Excellent health benefits 25 days of holiday (buy/sell up to five days), accrue 1 day extra every 2 years, with bonus holidays too!
- An earlier finish on Friday (4pm!)
- An opportunity to give back: “Day off for good cause” (on a workday)
- A huge range of flexible benefits, including climate perks and an EV car leasing scheme
- Our biggest event of the year: Annual Challenge Day!
A place to feel included
We champion diversity, equity and inclusion. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we commit to supporting our employees and ensure we create a safe environment that nurtures you to perform at your best. Offering our people flexibility is an important factor in achieving this aim.
We consider all application individually with the required qualifications and knowledge without regard to any of the protected characteristics. We would like to provide everyone with a fair selection, assessment and employment experience so we ask with are made aware of any physical or neurodiverse condition within your application for which appropriate reasonable adjustments can be made by us.
Looking for the next steps?
Once you have completed your application through our careers site, we aim to review and respond to you as soon as your application’s been reviewed.
If shortlisted, a member of our Recruitment Team will call you for an initial pre-screen by phone (typically 30 minutes) to help us assess your motivations and interest in the position and Hydrock.
If you progress following this telephone pre-screen, you will be invited to attend a formal interview by video conference (Microsoft Teams) or in our offices.
For the latest updates and news, connect with us on our LinkedIn page!
More about us
Our year on film
It’s impossible to note all the many wonderful stories and achievements, when marking the end of another brilliant 365 days, so instead we give you our end of year video – enjoy – we did!Read more
Unlocking healthier buildings for happier people
Natural daylight is fundamental for our sleep quality, mood, productivity and overall mental health – it’s one of the most crucial elements of a building’s design.Read more