Consultant / Senior Hydrogeologist – Manchester/Stoke
An exciting opportunity has emerged for an MSc-qualified Hydrogeologist to join our growing and highly successful multi-disciplinary team.
The role primarily involves working as part of integrated project teams of geo-environmental and geotechnical specialists.
Your responsibility is to provide specialist support in the following areas:
- The delivery of hydrogeological services as applied to:
- design and management of site investigations (including occasional on-site supervision, logging and sampling, pumping tests and analysis);
- groundwater, gas and surface water monitoring;
- conceptual model development;
- controlled waters risk assessment (GQRA and DQRA);
- borehole prognosis and resource assessments;
- landfill hydrogeological risk assessments;
- regulatory engagements and Environmental Permitting;
- interpretive report writing; and
- modelling using specific software such as RTM v3.2, ConSim, MODFLOW, FEFLOW, AquiferWIN32 or related packages.
- BSc in geology, environmental science or related discipline;
- MSc in hydrogeology;
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a hydrogeology, preferably in a consultancy role;
- Working towards chartership with a relevant body, this would be fully supported by Hydrock; and
- Experience in using GIS software (QGIS/ARC) would be advantageous;
- Support the regional and wider UK geo-environmental team;
- Managing your own workload to meet project deadlines;
- Reviewing the performance of projects on a monthly basis and updating the team’s project and financial trackers;
- Assisting in preparing bids and proposals for new work, including business development for new opportunities;
- Attending and contributing to team meetings; and
- Completing relevant training in accord with Hydrock’s internal training program.
Other useful attributes:
- Experience of working with large datasets and data manipulation using python scripting (or similar) would be advantageous;
- Experience of working on Nuclear Licenced Sites would be advantageous; and
- Be familiar with relevant Environment Agency / NRW / SEPA guidance relating to hydrogeology and contaminated land investigation and assessment.
You'll be set up for success if you possess the following attributes:
- Ambitious, self-motivated and enthusiastic;
- Excellent communication, presentation and writing skills;
- Thorough understanding of the geo-environmental industry;
- Ability to manage projects;
- Client relationship management skills;
- Proven track record of project delivery; and
- Emerging business development and sales skills.
What's great about Hydrock 'in a nutshell'
We are a British-owned integrated multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy of over 900 staff in 21 offices across the UK. Our driving motivation is to be a ‘Force for Good’, as it is our aim to improve the quality of people’s lives from our employees to our clients, through to the communities we work in and our planet as a whole through the work we do.
From the buildings that surround you, the roads and bridges you cross, all related to the infrastructure that we create, we aim to offer the most sustainable possibilities to shape the places, communities and society that we live in through meeting our client’s needs. Through the path we are on to delivering a green future, the result is something that everyone can be proud of.
Our welcoming and friendly culture is something we are proud of and has gained us recognition with 9 years in the Top 100 Best Companies to Work For list. Check out some of our incredible projects which have been awarded: 2022 Net Zero Award for Bay Technology Centre, Integration and Collaborative Working Award for YGG Tan-y-Lan primary school, The Deaf Academy awarded for its Universal Design at the 2022 Civic Trust Awards and Bristol’s iconic waterfront Wapping Wharf Living making a double win at the Bristol Property Awards!
What we can offer you:
- Inspiring and supportive colleagues
- Reward for progression and hard work
- An opportunity to develop your soft skills, as well your technical skills
- Competitive starting salary
- Excellent health benefits 25 days of holiday (buy/sell up to five days), accrue 1 day extra every 2 years, with bonus holidays too!
- An earlier finish on Friday (4pm!)
- An opportunity to give back: “Day off for good cause” (on a workday)
- A huge range of flexible benefits, including climate perks and an EV car leasing scheme
- Our biggest event: Challenge Day!
A place to feel included
We champion diversity, equity and inclusion. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we commit to supporting our employees and ensure we create a safe environment that nurtures you to perform at your best. Offering our people flexibility is an important factor in achieving this aim.
We consider all application individually with the required qualifications and knowledge without regard to any of the protected characteristics. We would like to provide everyone with a fair selection, assessment and employment experience so we ask with are made aware of any physical or neurodiverse condition within your application for which appropriate reasonable adjustments can be made by us.
Looking for the next steps?
Once you have completed your application through our careers site, we aim to review and respond to you as soon as your application’s been reviewed.
If shortlisted, a member of our Recruitment Team will call you for an initial pre-screen by phone (typically 30 minutes) to help us assess your motivations and interest in the position and Hydrock.
If you progress following this telephone pre-screen, you will be invited to attend a formal interview by video conference (Microsoft Teams) or in our offices.
For the latest updates and news, connect with us on our LinkedIn page!