- Location: Bristol
- Application End Date: 30th November 2023
Digital Innovation Project Manager
This is an exciting opportunity for a Digital Innovation Project Manager to join our growing Innovation Delivery team based in our central Bristol office (City Centre, BS1 4RW).
At Hydrock we have a unique opportunity to tackle the causes of climate change and improve the long-term resilience of our places and communities. As a business we have an amazing opportunity to innovate and change the built environment for the better.
This is why our Innovation Delivery team was created, to help make this happen. We work with our operational divisions to facilitate the creation of new approaches, new workflows, and new products to allow them to access fast-growing markets and deliver high value consultancy efficiently.
Position Overview: Digital Innovation Project Manager
We are looking for a Digital Innovation Project Manager to deliver new ideas and increase the positive impact we can have as a business. You will be working closely with our development team and alongside engineers and consultants from across Hydrock to deliver projects primarily consisting of new digital products and consultancy offerings. As a central function, the Innovation Delivery team work across all of Hydrock’s technical divisions and you will gain a broad exposure to a range of expertise, experiences and seniority.
- Lead and manage digital projects from ideation through to delivery.
- Clearly capture the benefits projects will bring and support the creation of business cases to justify investments.
- Actively prioritise projects based on their benefit to the business and cost to deliver.
- Capture requirements from Hydrock’s engineers and consultants and ensure a common understanding is achieved with development teams.
- Ensure clear project documentation is created and maintained.
- Develop and maintain project plans, track progress and monitor project performance.
- Monitor benefits delivered against the business case and report on these back to key stakeholders.
- Maintain clear communication with all project stakeholders.
- Promote innovation and continuous improvement.
- Encourage inclusivity and champion diversity of thought.
To succeed in this role, you’ll need:
- Proven experience (2+ years) managing the delivery of digital projects.
- Good understanding of digital technologies and design principles.
- A practical understanding of how different delivery models are used including Agile and Waterfall.
- Excellent organisational, time management, and multitasking abilities.
- Curious, willing to learn, and keen to test out new ideas.
- Strong communicator with good presentation and written skills.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic environment and able to adapt to change.
- Eligible to live and work in the UK at the time you start employment
We are a small team so looking for someone who is a self-motivated and enthusiastic team player, happy to help others as needed and take on new challenges.
We are also keen to know if you have (but not essential):
- Previous experience using project management software (e.g. Jira, Confluence)
- A project management qualification such as APM (PMQ) / Prince2 or equivalent.
No previous experience within the construction industry is required.
We are looking for the right person to learn and develop with our growing team. If you are excited by this role but don’t meet all the skills listed, or have other skills you would like to highlight, we are keen to hear from you, you may be the right person for the role.
What’s great about Hydrock ‘in a nutshell’
We are a British-owned integrated multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy of over 900 staff in 21 offices across the UK. Our driving motivation is to be a ‘Force for Good’, as it is our aim to improve the quality of people’s lives from our employees to our clients, through to the communities we work in and our planet as a whole through the work we do.
From the buildings that surround you, the roads and bridges you cross, all related to the infrastructure that we create, we aim to offer the most sustainable possibilities to shape the places, communities and society that we live in through meeting our client’s needs. Through the path we are on to delivering a green future, the result is something that everyone can be proud of.
Our welcoming and friendly culture is something we are proud of and has gained us recognition with 9 years in the Top 100 Best Companies to Work For list. Check out some of our incredible projects which have been awarded: 2022 Net Zero Award for Bay Technology Centre, Integration and Collaborative Working Award for YGG Tan-y-Lan primary school, The Deaf Academy awarded for its Universal Design at the 2022 Civic Trust Awards and Bristol’s iconic waterfront Wapping Wharf Living making a double win at the Bristol Property Awards! To top off, here’s our 2022 wrap up video!
What you can expect
- A nurturing environment in which you can learn new skills from colleagues and through our first-class development programme
- Inspiring, supportive and motivated colleagues
- Recognition, progression and reward
- Competitive starting salary
- Hybrid working
- 5% employer pension
- Medicash plan
- Life assurance
- 25 days of holiday (buy/sell up to 5 days)
- Day off for good causes (on a workday)
- Huge range of flexible benefits
- Challenge Day!
A place where we can all thrive.
We champion diversity, equity, and inclusion. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we commit to supporting our employees and ensure we create a safe environment that nurtures you to perform at your best. Offering our people flexibility is an important factor in achieving this aim.
We consider all application individually with the required qualifications and knowledge without regard to any of the protected characteristics. We would like to provide everyone with a fair selection, assessment and employment experience so we ask with are made aware of any physical or neurodiverse condition within your application for which appropriate reasonable adjustments can be made by us.
Looking for the next steps?
- Once you have completed your application through our careers site, we will get back in touch to update you on your application
- Typically, this can take several weeks so if you haven't heard back from us, your application is still actively being considered
- With the high volume of applications, we are unable to provide ad hoc updates on the progress of applications. However, we will contact you when decisions have been made
- Emails from our system might be redirected to your junk mail so please check just in case
For the latest updates and news, connect with us on our LinkedIn page!