This is a rare opportunity for you to join and help lead a successful, fun, highly engaged team of building services design engineering professionals, in an influential and strategically important leadership role with lots opportunity for you to build a legacy and progress in your career. You will help develop and shape the MEP team in what we do locally in the Southwest region, as well as nationally for framework projects, and you will be part of the regional MEP senior management team and sit on the regional board. Depending on your strengths, career path and experience, you could join as an Associate Director or Director.
You will have the opportunity to be based remotely within the Southwest but will report to the office based in either our Plymouth or Truro offices working alongside a wide representation of Hydrock’s other services and disciplines.
- Working closely alongside the regional MEP Director of the South and Southwest Region
- Operational management of the MEP teams overseeing and managing projects, liaison with clients, team output, office P+L and delivery. This as well as being responsible for the professional growth of the team from the graduates to the principal engineers.
- Assisting to continue to develop our brand and relationships in the Southwest and further afield.
- Living and breathing our values and ensuring we are an employer of choice.
- Team performance including work pipeline, costs and operational management.
- Consistently meeting monthly and annual budget at team level, support MEP budget planning and ongoing review to improve performance.
- Self-motivated team leader, with ability to lead efficiency and growth.
- Strong communication, analysis and people skills with increased multi-discipline working.
What you’ll need to succeed in this role:
- You will have a flair for high quality design, project leadership, staff development and team management and worked your way up to Associate Director / Director level with one of our competitors.
- You will ideally be knowledgeable and have existing relationships in the South West market, or be highly motivated to establish yourself locally at pace.
- Our ethos will strike a chord with you.
- Self-motivated team player with good people skills.
- Integrity and credibility. People want to work with you (customers and colleagues).
Our team specialises in the delivery of building services, energy and sustainability services. We deliver M&E engineering design solutions from initial feasibility stages through detailed design and on to construction, handover and post occupancy.
We offer a fresh approach to M&E, getting involved early, working collaboratively with the design team, highlighting options, guiding design development and using our expertise to help clients make key decisions – an approach that always results in a building that delivers. Our solutions are tailored to the client – with simplicity of design often key, but with the ability to deliver bespoke highly technical solutions if required.
We work across all sectors, including commercial, industrial, leisure, retail, manufacturing, logistics, heritage, and residential for end user clients, investors, developers, architects, project managers or engineer-led project teams. This diversity of work streams, and the fact that all of our team members work across every sector, means we are constantly cross-pollinating ideas. You can check out MEP’s project portfolio here.
What's great about Hydrock 'in a nutshell'
We are a British-owned integrated multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy of over 900 staff in 21 offices across the UK. Our driving motivation is to be a ‘Force for Good’, as it is our aim to improve the quality of people’s lives from our employees to our clients, through to the communities we work in and our planet as a whole through the work we do.
From the buildings that surround you, the roads and bridges you cross, all related to the infrastructure that we create, we aim to offer the most sustainable possibilities to shape the places, communities and society that we live in through meeting our client’s needs. Through the path we are on to delivering a green future, the result is something that everyone can be proud of.
Our welcoming and friendly culture is something we are proud of and has gained us recognition with 9 years in the Top 100 Best Companies to Work For list. Check out some of our incredible projects which have been awarded: 2022 Net Zero Award for Bay Technology Centre, Integration and Collaborative Working Award for YGG Tan-y-Lan primary school, The Deaf Academy awarded for its Universal Design at the 2022 Civic Trust Awards and Bristol’s iconic waterfront Wapping Wharf Living making a double win at the Bristol Property Awards! To top off, here’s our 2022 wrap up video!
What we can offer you:
- Inspiring and supportive colleagues
- Reward for progression and hard work
- An opportunity to develop your soft skills, as well your technical skills
- Competitive starting salary
- Excellent health benefits 25 days of holiday (buy/sell up to five days), accrue 1 day extra every 2 years, with bonus holidays too!
- An opportunity to give back: “Day off for good cause” (on a workday)
- A huge range of flexible benefits, including climate perks and an EV car leasing scheme
- Our biggest event of the year: Annual Challenge Day!
A place to feel included
We champion diversity, equity and inclusion. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we commit to supporting our employees and ensure we create a safe environment that nurtures you to perform at your best. Offering our people flexibility is an important factor in achieving this aim.