We have an excellent opportunity for a Finance Assistant looking to support our Payroll Manager and working with the Purchase Ledger team in our thriving Finance department. You may have had experience within a fast pace environment performing a financial and administrative role.
Our central Finance team are mainly based in The Old Farmhouse, one of several buildings on our excellent Head Office site at Over Court Barns, just off J16 or J17 of the M5 (we have plenty of free onsite parking spaces).
Core job functions – Payroll
- Setting up starters on the payroll and expenses system and process leavers
- Processing benefits – both payrolled benefits and P11ds
- Review of input information for the monthly payroll
- Process the monthly payroll for Hydrock companies
- Liaise with the People team to resolve queries
- Prepare the monthly pension file
- Assist with month end accounting processes and reconciliations across the wider finance team
Core job functions – Purchase Ledger
- Input and processing of purchase ledger invoices
- Resolving purchase ledger queries
- Reconciling supplier statements
- Analysis and support of month end (including 3rd party cost reconciliations and cut off checks)
- Supplier set up
- Taking calls from and arranging payments to suppliers
- Administration of the company credit cards and expenses
- A self-starter with payroll experience (preferably Iris Staffology)
- Experience of auto enrolment pension schemes
- A dynamic and positive approach to work and comfortable multi-tasking under pressure
- An articulate communicator with good interpersonal skills
- Friendly, sensible and well-mannered with a good sense of humour
- A natural problem solver with excellent attention to detail
What's great about Hydrock 'in a nutshell'
We are a British-owned integrated multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy of over 900 staff in 21 offices across the UK. Our driving motivation is to be a ‘Force for Good’, as it is our aim to improve the quality of people’s lives from our employees to our clients, through to the communities we work in and our planet as a whole.
From the buildings that surround you, the roads and bridges you cross, all related to the infrastructure that we create, we aim to offer the most sustainable possibilities to shape the places, communities and society that we live in through meeting our client’s needs. Through the path we are on to delivering a green future, the result is something that everyone can be proud of.
Our welcoming and friendly culture is something we are proud of and has gained us recognition with 9 years in the Top 100 Best Companies to Work For list. Check out some of our incredible projects which have been awarded: 2022 Net Zero Award for Bay Technology Centre, Integration and Collaborative Working Award for YGG Tan-y-Lan primary school, The Deaf Academy awarded for its Universal Design at the 2022 Civic Trust Awards and Bristol’s iconic waterfront Wapping Wharf Living making a double win at the Bristol Property Awards!
What we can offer you:
- Inspiring and supportive colleagues
- Reward for progression and hard work
- An opportunity to develop your soft skills, as well your technical skills
- Competitive starting salary
- Excellent health benefits 25 days of holiday (buy/sell up to five days), accrue 1 day extra every 2 years, with bonus holidays too!
- An earlier finish on Friday (4pm!)
- An opportunity to give back: “Day off for good cause” (on a workday)
- A huge range of flexible benefits, including climate perks and an EV car leasing scheme
A place to feel included
We champion diversity, equity and inclusion. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we commit to supporting our employees and ensure we create a safe environment that nurtures you to perform at your best. Offering our people flexibility is an important factor in achieving this aim.
We consider all application individually with the required qualifications and knowledge without regard to any of the protected characteristics. We would like to provide everyone with a fair selection, assessment and employment experience so we ask with are made aware of any physical or neurodiverse condition within your application for which appropriate reasonable adjustments can be made by us.