- Location: Cardiff
- Anticipated start: Summer 2023
- Deadline for applications: Friday 19 May 2023
We are not able to provide a Skilled Worker visa for this position. You will need to be eligible to work in the UK without our sponsorship to be considered for this role. Please do not apply if you have limited leave to enter or remain in the UK e.g. a visitor visa, a student/graduate visa or an employer-sponsored visa from a previous employer.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our award-winning Fire Engineering team delivering sustainable projects for our communities, planet and society.
Our Fire Engineering team has a earned a reputation for delivering technically excellent work. From concept to construction, our fire engineering expertise helps to optimise design and ensure complex buildings are compliant with regulations. Our team has extensive experience working on public sector, residential, commercial, industrial and high hazard process construction projects. We deliver a range of engineering services throughout each step of the development process, from site appraisal, through to planning, design and delivery services for all types of projects.
We are looking for graduates with a passion for the built environment, and the desire to work in a highly collaborative multi-disciplinary team focused on sustainability, technical excellence and shaping construction in the UK and overseas.
Our projects will inspire you, build your confidence and enable you to take on the biggest challenges throughout your career. Here are some of our best recent projects.
What will your role involve?
You'll be working with the support of your manager and senior colleagues as follows:
- Fire Engineering design on a number of projects
- Early-stage strategic input to design
- Detailed design to construction status information and beyond into Post Occupancy Evaluation
Check out our Fire safety page for more information on the service we provide to our clients.
Post occupation services:
- Fire management plan development
- Fire evacuation plan development
- Fire risk assessment
To succeed in this role, you’ll need:
- A relevant BSc/ BEng/ MSc/ MEng or equivalent (a master's in mechanical, chemical, aeronautical engineering or physics)
- A passion and talent for Fire Engineering
- To be confident, outgoing and someone who enjoys being part of a busy team
- To be an articulate communicator with well-developed interpersonal skills
- To be a self-starter who is tenacious in concluding tasks
- To be driven, ambitious and enjoy change and variety
- To buy into Hydrock’s values and ethos
We are also keen to know if you can offer any of these attributes:
- Additional languages (other than English) that you are fluent in or able to apply professionally
- Full UK driving licence
What's great about Hydrock 'in a nutshell'
We are a British-owned integrated multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy of over 900 staff in 21 offices across the UK. Our driving motivation is to be a ‘force for good’, as it is our aim to positive contribute to people’s lives including our employees, communities we work in, clients we work with and our planet as a whole.
From the buildings that surround you, the roads and bridges you cross, all related to the infrastructure that we create, we aim to offer the most sustainable possibilities to shape the places, communities and society that we live in through meeting our client’s needs. Through the path we are on to delivering a green future, the result is something that everyone can be proud of.
Our welcoming and friendly culture is something we are proud of and has gained us recognition with 9 years in the Top 100 Best Companies to Work For list. Check out some of our incredible projects which have been awarded: 2022 Net Zero Award for Bay Technology Centre, Integration and Collaborative Working Award for YGG Tan-y-Lan primary school, The Deaf Academy awarded for its Universal Design at the 2022 Civic Trust Awards and Bristol’s iconic waterfront Wapping Wharf Living making a double win at the Bristol Property Awards!
What we can offer
- Inspiring and supportive colleagues
- Reward for progression and hard work
- An opportunity to develop your soft skills on “The Learning Curve” program
- Competitive starting salary
- Excellent health benefits
- 25 days of holiday (buy/sell up to five days)
- An earlier finish on Friday (4pm!)
- An opportunity to give back: “Day off for good cause” (on a workday)
- A huge range of flexible benefits
- Our biggest event of the year: Annual Challenge Day!
A place to feel included
We champion diversity, equity and inclusion. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we commit to supporting our employees and ensure we create a safe environment that nurtures you to perform at your best. Offering our people flexibility is an important factor in achieving this aim!
We consider all application individually with the required qualifications and knowledge without regard to any of the protected characteristics. We would like to provide everyone with a fair selection, assessment and employment experience so we ask with are made aware of any physical or neurodiverse condition within your application for which appropriate reasonable adjustments can be made by us.
Looking for the next steps?
- Once you have completed your application through our careers site, we will be in touch with you as soon as we’ve considered your application alongside others for this role.
- Typically, this can take several weeks so if you haven't heard back from us, not to worry, your application is still actively being considered!
- With the high volume of applications, we are unable to provide ad hoc updates on the progress of applications. However, we will contact you when decisions have been made
For the latest updates and news, connect with us on our LinkedIn page!