Looking to kickstart your career or wanting a career change?
Here’s a fantastic opportunity to join our progressive, award-winning MEP team delivering sustainable projects for our communities, planet and society.
We are looking for Graduate Mechanical Engineer to join our growing Manchester office.
As a team which specialises in the delivery of building services, energy and sustainability services, we offer a fresh approach to M&E, getting involved early, working collaboratively with the design team, guiding design development and using our expertise to help clients make key decisions – an approach that always results in a building that delivers.
You will be developing your technical skills through taking on a variety of complex projects as well as being supported in the development of your softer skills through our early careers learning and development program: ‘The Learning Curve’.
What you will learn with us
- Using Revit and 3D BIM modelling software in design production
- Design co-ordination with other professional disciplines
- Developing energy modelling & compliance calculation of building performance (Part L / IES)
- Energy Strategy Reports / Sustainability Statements for planning applications
- Participating in design team and client meetings
- Attending site visits
What you will need to succeed?
- A degree and/or Masters qualification in relevant mechanical engineering or building services engineering subject
- To be driven, hardworking, productive and determined
- To be willing and eager to learn new skills
- To possess strong IT competencies, an ability to problem solve, and find solutions to the challenges new software packages bring
- To have excellent communication, interpersonal and writing skills
- Previous industry-related work experience is an advantage but not essential
We are also keen to know if you can offer any of these attributes
- Additional languages (other than English) that you are fluent in or able to apply professionally
- Full UK driving licence
What's great about Hydrock 'in a nutshell'
We are a British-owned integrated multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy of over 900 staff in 21 offices across the UK. Our driving motivation is to be a ‘force for good’, as it is our aim to positively contribute to people’s lives including our employees, communities we work in, clients we work with and our planet as a whole.
From the buildings that surround you, the roads and bridges you cross, all related to the infrastructure that we create, we aim to offer the most sustainable possibilities to shape the places, communities and society that we live in through meeting our client’s needs. Through the path we are on to delivering a green future, the result is something that everyone can be proud of.
Our welcoming and friendly culture is something we are proud of and has gained us recognition with 9 years in the Top 100 Best Companies to Work For list. One of our incredible sustainable projects include regenerating a brownfield site to a residential development at Castle Park View. Other notable projects include UWE’s Faculty of Engineering and Design making two wins at the British Construction Industry Award in 2021 and UK Hydrographic Office Taunton winning multiple awards in the same year!
What we can offer
- Inspiring and supportive colleagues
- Reward for progression and hard work
- An opportunity to develop your soft skills on “The Learning Curve” program
- Competitive starting salary
- Excellent health benefits
- 25 days of holiday (buy/sell up to five days)
- An earlier finish on Friday (4pm!)
- An opportunity to give back: “Day off for good cause” (on a workday)
- A huge range of flexible benefits
- Our biggest event of the year: Annual Challenge Day!
A place to feel included
We champion diversity, equity and inclusion. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we commit to supporting our employees and ensure we create a safe environment that nurtures you to perform at your best. Offering our people flexibility is an important factor in achieving this aim!
We consider all applications individually with the required qualifications and knowledge without regard to any of the protected characteristics. We would like to provide everyone with a fair selection, assessment and employment experience so we ask that we are made aware of any physical or neurodiverse condition within your application, for which appropriate reasonable adjustments can be made by us.
Looking for the next steps?
- Once you have completed your application through our careers site, we will be in touch with you as soon as we’ve considered your application alongside others for this role.
- Typically, this can take several weeks so if you haven't heard back from us, not to worry, your application is still actively being considered!
- With the high volume of applications, we are unable to provide ad hoc updates on the progress of applications. However, we will contact you when decisions have been made.
For the latest updates and news, connect with us on our LinkedIn page!