- Location: contact London
- Anticipated start: September 2024
- Application closing date: 31st October 2023
We are not able to provide a Skilled Worker visa for this position. You will need to be eligible to work in the UK without our sponsorship to be considered for this role. Please do not apply if you have limited leave to enter or remain in the UK e.g. a visitor visa, a student/graduate visa or an employer-sponsored visa from a previous employer.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a part qualified graduate to join our team in our London office. Join our Industrial Placement Scheme where you'll gain exposure to a dynamic Acoustics team and gain invaluable industry insight.
Our Acoustics team prides itself on bettering communities and businesses across England, with a real passion for regenerating the built environment, and for helping villages, towns and cities thrive.
Join us in September for a year placement in between your university studies. You will primarily work within acoustic engineering, which offers a broad range of projects across the environmental and build environment sectors. From surfing lakes to homes, schools, hospitals, music festivals, and motorsport events there are many interesting projects at Hydrock you will actively be involved in.
This means within a single working day you will find yourself completing a number of varied design tasks - modelling, liaising with architects, planners, environmental health and other engineers to contribute to an integrated “joined-up” design process.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Preparation of simple calculations and noise modelling to support design development
- Arrange and attend meetings, take minutes and distribute actions
- Attending and contributing to project team meetings
- Devising methodologies and attending site noise surveying and acoustic testing.
- Managing your own workload to meet project and study deadlines
- Liaising with internal and external team members, developing relationships and people skills
- Gaining experience in the preparation of reports, drawings and specifications
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Be part-way through a relevant degree
- Genuine interest in a career in acoustic engineering
- A keen attitude to learning and enthusiasm to achieve in the workplace and in your studies
- Strong numeracy skills
- Confident communication skills both written and verbal
- Enjoy utilising technology
- UK Driving licence
What's great about Hydrock 'in a nutshell'
New Window We are a British-owned integrated multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy of over 900 staff in 21 offices across the UK. Our driving motivation is to be a ‘Force for Good’, as it is our aim to improve the quality of people’s lives from our employees to our clients, through to the communities we work in and our planet as a whole through the work we do.
From the buildings that surround you, the roads and bridges you cross, all related to the infrastructure that we create, we aim to offer the most sustainable possibilities to shape the places, communities and society that we live in through meeting our client’s needs. Through the path we are on to delivering a green future, the result is something that everyone can be proud of.
Our welcoming and friendly culture is something we are proud of and has gained us recognition with 9 years in the Top New Window 100 Best Companies to Work For list. Check out some of our incredible projects which have been awarded: 2022 Net Zero Award for New Window Bay Technology Centre, Integration and Collaborative Working Award for New Window YGG Tan-y-Lan primary school, New Window The Deaf Academy awarded for its Universal Design at the 2022 Civic Trust Awards and Bristol’s iconic waterfront New Window Wapping Wharf Living making a double win at the Bristol Property Awards!
What we can offer you:
- Inspiring and supportive colleagues
- An opportunity to develop your skills
- The chance to work alongside industry experts
- An experience of working “in the field”
- An opportunity to develop your soft skills, as well your technical skills
- A paid placement opportunity
- An earlier finish on Friday (4pm!)
- An opportunity to give back: “Day off for good cause” (on a workday)
A place to feel included
We champion diversity, equity and inclusion. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we commit to supporting our employees and ensure we create a safe environment that nurtures you to perform at your best. Offering our people flexibility is an important factor in achieving this aim.
We consider all application individually with the required qualifications and knowledge without regard to any of the New Window protected characteristics. We would like to provide everyone with a fair selection, assessment and employment experience so we ask with are made aware of any physical or neurodiverse condition within your application for which appropriate reasonable adjustments can be made by us.
Looking for the next steps?
Once you have completed your application through our careers site, we aim to review and respond to you as soon as your application’s been reviewed.
If shortlisted, a member of our Recruitment Team will call you for an initial pre-screen by phone (typically 30 minutes) to help us assess your motivations and interest in the position and Hydrock.
If you progress following this telephone pre-screen, you will be invited to attend a formal interview by video conference (Microsoft Teams) or in our offices.
For the latest updates and news, connect with us on our New Window LinkedIn page!