- Location: contact Leeds
- Anticipated start: September 2024
- Application closing date: 31st October 2023
We are not able to provide a Skilled Worker visa for this position. You will need to be eligible to work in the UK without our sponsorship to be considered for this role. Please do not apply if you have limited leave to enter or remain in the UK e.g. a visitor visa, a student/graduate visa or an employer-sponsored visa from a previous employer.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a part qualified Engineer to join our Civil & Structural Engineering team in our contact Leeds office. Join our Industrial Placement Scheme where you'll gain exposure to complex project work, receiving support from our Chartered Engineers.
We are looking for students from an Engineering background with a passion for the building design, and the desire to work alongside and learn in a highly collaborative multi-disciplinary team focused on sustainability, technical excellence and shaping construction for the UK and overseas.
Hydrock offers an engaging and diverse project portfolio. You would have the opportunity to work alongside industry experts on projects such as: new schools in the area such as Lyde Green, refurbishing the “Royal Marine Water Hospital”, into a hotel, and local Bristol projects in Wapping Wharf!
Responsibilities of the role:
- Project work at concept and scheme design, modelling detailed design, specification and drawing
- Preparation of reports, providing advice and guidance to clients and project teams
- Undertaking STEM engagement activities
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders, developing relationships and people skills
- Managing your workload to meet project deadlines
- Arranging and attending meetings, taking minutes and distributing actions
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Part-way completed a relevant degree, BEng (Hons) or BSc (Hons)
- Humanity, self-motivation and enthusiasm
- Excellent communication and written skills
- A desire to learn from industry experts
What's great about Hydrock 'in a nutshell'
New Window We are a British-owned integrated multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy of over 900 staff in 21 offices across the UK. Our driving motivation is to be a ‘Force for Good’, as it is our aim to improve the quality of people’s lives from our employees to our clients, through to the communities we work in and our planet as a whole through the work we do.
From the buildings that surround you, the roads and bridges you cross, all related to the infrastructure that we create, we aim to offer the most sustainable possibilities to shape the places, communities and society that we live in through meeting our client’s needs. Through the path we are on to delivering a green future, the result is something that everyone can be proud of.
Our welcoming and friendly culture is something we are proud of and has gained us recognition with 9 years in the Top New Window 100 Best Companies to Work For list. Check out some of our incredible projects which have been awarded: 2022 Net Zero Award for New Window Bay Technology Centre, Integration and Collaborative Working Award for New Window YGG Tan-y-Lan primary school, New Window The Deaf Academy awarded for its Universal Design at the 2022 Civic Trust Awards and Bristol’s iconic waterfront New Window Wapping Wharf Living making a double win at the Bristol Property Awards!
What we can offer you:
- Inspiring and supportive colleagues
- An opportunity to develop your skills
- The chance to work alongside industry experts
- An experience of working “in the field”
- An opportunity to develop your soft skills, as well your technical skills
- A paid placement opportunity
- An earlier finish on Friday (4pm!)
- An opportunity to give back: “Day off for good cause” (on a workday)
A place to feel included
We champion diversity, equity and inclusion. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we commit to supporting our employees and ensure we create a safe environment that nurtures you to perform at your best. Offering our people flexibility is an important factor in achieving this aim.
We consider all application individually with the required qualifications and knowledge without regard to any of the New Window protected characteristics. We would like to provide everyone with a fair selection, assessment and employment experience so we ask with are made aware of any physical or neurodiverse condition within your application for which appropriate reasonable adjustments can be made by us.
Looking for the next steps?
Once you have completed your application through our careers site, we aim to review and respond to you as soon as your application’s been reviewed.
If shortlisted, a member of our Recruitment Team will call you for an initial pre-screen by phone (typically 30 minutes) to help us assess your motivations and interest in the position and Hydrock.
If you progress following this telephone pre-screen, you will be invited to attend a formal interview by video conference (Microsoft Teams) or in our offices.
For the latest updates and news, connect with us on our New Window LinkedIn page!