- Location: Glasgow
- Anticipated start: September 2024
- Application closing date: 31st October 2023
We have a fantastic opportunity for a part qualified graduate student to join our Fire Engineering team in our Glasgow office. Join our Industrial Placement Scheme where you'll gain exposure to complex project work and where you will find support from a wealth of fire engineering talent.
Our Fire Engineering team has a earned a reputation for delivering technically excellent work. From concept to construction, our fire engineering expertise helps to optimise design and ensure complex buildings are compliant with regulations. Our team has extensive experience working on public sector, residential, commercial, industrial and high hazard process construction projects. We deliver a range of engineering services throughout each step of the development process, from site appraisal, through to planning, design and delivery services for all types of projects.
We are looking for students with a passion for the built environment, and the desire to work in a highly collaborative multi-disciplinary team focused on sustainability, technical excellence and shaping construction in the UK and overseas.
Responsibilities of the role:
You'll be working with the support of your manager and senior colleagues as follows:
- Fire Engineering design on a number of projects
- Early-stage strategic input to design
- Detailed design to construction status information and beyond into Post Occupancy Evaluation
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Part-completed a relevant degree, BEng (Hons) or BSc (Hons)
- A desire to learn more about Fire Engineering
- A confident, outgoing attitude and someone who enjoys being part of a busy team
- An articulate point with well-developed interpersonal skills
- Experience being a self-starter who is tenacious in concluding tasks
- The desire be driven, ambitious and enjoy change and variety
- A positive attitude and are able to buy into Hydrock’s values and ethos
What's great about Hydrock 'in a nutshell'
New Window We are a British-owned integrated multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy of over 900 staff in 21 offices across the UK. Our driving motivation is to be a ‘Force for Good’, as it is our aim to improve the quality of people’s lives from our employees to our clients, through to the communities we work in and our planet as a whole through the work we do.
From the buildings that surround you, the roads and bridges you cross, all related to the infrastructure that we create, we aim to offer the most sustainable possibilities to shape the places, communities and society that we live in through meeting our client’s needs. Through the path we are on to delivering a green future, the result is something that everyone can be proud of.
Our welcoming and friendly culture is something we are proud of and has gained us recognition with 9 years in the Top New Window 100 Best Companies to Work For list. Check out some of our incredible projects which have been awarded: 2022 Net Zero Award for New Window Bay Technology Centre, Integration and Collaborative Working Award for New Window YGG Tan-y-Lan primary school, New Window The Deaf Academy awarded for its Universal Design at the 2022 Civic Trust Awards and Bristol’s iconic waterfront New Window Wapping Wharf Living making a double win at the Bristol Property Awards!
What we can offer you:
- Inspiring and supportive colleagues
- An opportunity to develop your skills
- The chance to work alongside industry experts
- An experience of working “in the field”
- An opportunity to develop your soft skills, as well your technical skills
- A paid placement opportunity
- An earlier finish on Friday (4pm!)
- An opportunity to give back: “Day off for good cause” (on a workday)
A place to feel included
We champion diversity, equity and inclusion. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we commit to supporting our employees and ensure we create a safe environment that nurtures you to perform at your best. Offering our people flexibility is an important factor in achieving this aim.
We consider all application individually with the required qualifications and knowledge without regard to any of the New Window protected characteristics. We would like to provide everyone with a fair selection, assessment and employment experience so we ask with are made aware of any physical or neurodiverse condition within your application for which appropriate reasonable adjustments can be made by us.
Looking for the next steps?
Once you have completed your application through our careers site, we aim to review and respond to you as soon as your application’s been reviewed.
If shortlisted, a member of our Recruitment Team will call you for an initial pre-screen by phone (typically 30 minutes) to help us assess your motivations and interest in the position and Hydrock.
If you progress following this telephone pre-screen, you will be invited to attend a formal interview by video conference (Microsoft Teams) or in our offices.
For the latest updates and news, connect with us on our New Window LinkedIn page!