- Location: Bristol
- Anticipated start: September 2024
- Application closing date: 31st October 2023
We are not able to provide a Skilled Worker visa for this position. You will need to be eligible to work in the UK without our sponsorship to be considered for this role. Please do not apply if you have limited leave to enter or remain in the UK e.g. a visitor visa, a student/graduate visa or an employer-sponsored visa from a previous employer.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a part qualified graduate student to join our SES team in our Bristol office. Join our Industrial Placement Scheme where you'll gain exposure to complex project work, receiving support from our Chartered Engineers and Technical Consultants.
From local authorities to universities, and from masterplan developers to asset managers, we’re proud to be shaping the approach that organisations are taking to decarbonisation and realise a net-zero future.
You’ll be part of our collaborative and growing team across the UK and will help with the development and delivery of a pipeline of exciting, innovative and complex projects.
We have a true enthusiasm for what we do. If you do too, we’d love to hear from you.
Who are is SES?
We’re helping clients to unlock cheaper, cleaner and more reliable energy and maximise the potential economic and environmental value of their projects, whilst delivering on wider environmental and sustainability principles.
Our work includes:
- Renewable energy development (generation and storage)
- Net-zero carbon studies at project and master planning levels
- Planning application support documents including energy strategy and environmental assessments
- Climate change studies
- ESG strategy
- Life-Cycle Carbon and Cost Analyses (LCCA)
Our team is a unique blend of engineers and consultants and this means we can deliver a wide range of project inputs for our clients from the earliest inception stages and onwards.
Most importantly, you’ll find us a lively, good-spirited team, excited about what we’re doing and enjoying each other’s company, and we’ll be sure to give you a warm welcome too.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Supporting Hydrock’s renewable energy development activities.
- Working on renewable energy generation and storage projects.
- Preparation of reports providing advice and guidance to clients and project teams, or in support of planning applications with support from senior team members.
- Liaising with utility and distribution network operators to develop generation and storage projects.
- Attending and contributing to project team meetings.
- Developing commercial awareness by assisting with the preparation of proposals/tenders for new work.
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Be part-way through a relevant degree, BEng (Hons) or BSc (Hons)
- A strong interest in renewable energy, utilities, environmental science or sustainability related disciplines
- An eagerness to learn about the energy sector, power systems, sustainability and/or material science.
- Keen develop your academic knowledge of planning, environmental impact assessments or wider sustainability legislation.
- Interest in energy-related disciplines.
What's great about Hydrock 'in a nutshell'
New Window New Window We are a British-owned integrated multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy of over 900 staff in 21 offices across the UK. Our driving motivation is to be a ‘Force for Good’, as it is our aim to improve the quality of people’s lives from our employees to our clients, through to the communities we work in and our planet as a whole through the work we do.
From the buildings that surround you, the roads and bridges you cross, all related to the infrastructure that we create, we aim to offer the most sustainable possibilities to shape the places, communities and society that we live in through meeting our client’s needs. Through the path we are on to delivering a green future, the result is something that everyone can be proud of.
Our welcoming and friendly culture is something we are proud of and has gained us recognition with 9 years in the Top New Window New Window 100 Best Companies to Work For list. Check out some of our incredible projects which have been awarded: 2022 Net Zero Award for New Window New Window Bay Technology Centre, Integration and Collaborative Working Award for New Window New Window YGG Tan-y-Lan primary school, New Window New Window The Deaf Academy awarded for its Universal Design at the 2022 Civic Trust Awards and Bristol’s iconic waterfront New Window New Window Wapping Wharf Living making a double win at the Bristol Property Awards!
What we can offer you:
- Inspiring and supportive colleagues
- An opportunity to develop your skills
- The chance to work alongside industry experts
- An experience of working “in the field”
- An opportunity to develop your soft skills, as well your technical skills
- A paid placement opportunity
- An earlier finish on Friday (4pm!)
- An opportunity to give back: “Day off for good cause” (on a workday)
A place to feel included
We champion diversity, equity and inclusion. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we commit to supporting our employees and ensure we create a safe environment that nurtures you to perform at your best. Offering our people flexibility is an important factor in achieving this aim.
We consider all application individually with the required qualifications and knowledge without regard to any of the New Window New Window protected characteristics. We would like to provide everyone with a fair selection, assessment and employment experience so we ask with are made aware of any physical or neurodiverse condition within your application for which appropriate reasonable adjustments can be made by us.
Looking for the next steps?
Once you have completed your application through our careers site, we aim to review and respond to you as soon as your application’s been reviewed.
If shortlisted, a member of our Recruitment Team will call you for an initial pre-screen by phone (typically 30 minutes) to help us assess your motivations and interest in the position and Hydrock.
If you progress following this telephone pre-screen, you will be invited to attend a formal interview by video conference (Microsoft Teams) or in our offices.
For the latest updates and news, connect with us on our New Window New Window LinkedIn page!