This is an opportunity to join our successful, fun, supportive and highly engaged team of 900 people and growing, in an important support role, within our national IT & Estates team. Working with our Manager, Director and Systems Administrator, you’ll provide a high quality and proactive service to our consultants, engineers and new starters around the country, ensuring the smooth operation of our IT processes and procurement. Great IT has been an essential enabler for us and continues to be an opportunity to innovate as we grow as a business.
- Assist in the management of 3rd party IT support partners
- Procure IT equipment for existing staff in a timely and cost-effective way
- Support the IT manager to fulfil IT requirements for new starters
- Assist in the production of monthly reporting to the Hydrock Board
- Assist with maintaining software systems and user access to them.
- Provide Excellent customer service
- Support and help deliver user training for new starters
- Help with the building and maintaining of end user hardware
- Carry out general departmental administration. This includes usage and manipulation of spreadsheets and asset databases etc. for the purposes of handling purchasing, licensing and resource allocation / management.
- Self-motivated team player.
What you will need to bring
- Good people skills, always willing to help
- Excellent communication skills
- Organised and accurate when dealing with data and software
- Be a car driver as occasional travel between the offices will be required
- Broad-based knowledge and interest across all aspects of IT, to include Windows 10 Operating System and Microsoft Office 365 products
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Keen commercial awareness
- Awareness and appreciation of the importance of security and confidentiality within a professional services environment
- Enquiring attitude, with willingness to ask questions when unsure
- Experience, qualifications or a keen interest in any of the following would also be advantageous; Office 365 applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), CAD applications, Enterprise Systems (Azure, Active Directory, MS SQL, Windows, mobile phone support.
- Support will be provided to study appropriate qualifications suited to the responsibilities of the role
- On the job training in the early stages, but with further training identified and supported through our development and performance review process
What's great about Hydrock 'in a nutshell'
We are a British-owned integrated multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy of over 900 staff in 21 offices across the UK. Our driving motivation is to be a ‘Force for Good’, as it is our aim to improve the quality of people’s lives from our employees to our clients, through to the communities we work in and our planet as a whole through the work we do.
From the buildings that surround you, the roads and bridges you cross, all related to the infrastructure that we create, we aim to offer the most sustainable possibilities to shape the places, communities and society that we live in through meeting our client’s needs. Through the path we are on to delivering a green future, the result is something that everyone can be proud of.
Our welcoming and friendly culture is something we are proud of and has gained us recognition with 9 years in the Top 100 Best Companies to Work For list. Check out some of our incredible projects which have been awarded: 2022 Net Zero Award for Bay Technology Centre, Integration and Collaborative Working Award for YGG Tan-y-Lan primary school, The Deaf Academy awarded for its Universal Design at the 2022 Civic Trust Awards and Bristol’s iconic waterfront Wapping Wharf Living making a double win at the Bristol Property Awards!
To top off, here’s our 2022 wrap up video!
What we can offer you:
- Inspiring and supportive colleagues
- Reward for progression and hard work
- An opportunity to develop your soft skills, as well your technical skills
- Competitive starting salary
- Excellent health benefits 25 days of holiday (buy/sell up to five days), accrue 1 day extra every 2 years, with bonus holidays too!
- An earlier finish on Friday (4pm!)
- An opportunity to give back: “Day off for good cause” (on a workday)
- A huge range of flexible benefits, including climate perks and an EV car leasing scheme
- Our biggest event of the year: Annual Challenge Day!
A place to feel included
We champion diversity, equity and inclusion. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we commit to supporting our employees and ensure we create a safe environment that nurtures you to perform at your best. Offering our people flexibility is an important factor in achieving this aim.
We consider all application individually with the required qualifications and knowledge without regard to any of the protected characteristics. We would like to provide everyone with a fair selection, assessment and employment experience so we ask with are made aware of any physical or neurodiverse condition within your application for which appropriate reasonable adjustments can be made by us.
Looking for the next steps?
Once you have completed your application through our careers site, we aim to review and respond to you as soon as your application’s been reviewed.
If shortlisted, a member of our Recruitment Team will call you for an initial pre-screen by phone (typically 30 minutes) to help us assess your motivations and interest in the position and Hydrock.
If you progress following this telephone pre-screen, you will be invited to attend a formal interview by video conference (Microsoft Teams) or in our offices.
For the latest updates and news, connect with us on our LinkedIn page!
More about us
Our year on film
It’s impossible to note all the many wonderful stories and achievements, when marking the end of another brilliant 365 days, so instead we give you our end of year video – enjoy – we did!Read more
Unlocking healthier buildings for happier people
Natural daylight is fundamental for our sleep quality, mood, productivity and overall mental health – it’s one of the most crucial elements of a building’s design.Read more