Hydrock’s Fire Safety team has grown successfully to 30 people strong in just 4 years since inception. Our aim is to continue expanding, so we are always looking for talented professionals who share our values.
If the right opportunity for you isn’t currently advertised, joining our Fire Safety talent pool means that we will be able to contact you as soon as the right vacancy arises.
Our Fire Safety team is one of the UK’s largest operating within a leading multi-disciplinary consultancy. It’s growing reputation for quality and responsiveness has resulted in exceptional growth and the group is now represented in all regional capitals within England and Wales.
Our team has a earned a reputation for delivering technically excellent work and responsiveness, together with a large team winning new work, has resulted in exceptional growth.
We are represented in all regional capitals within England, Wales and Scotland with a large team of colleagues to help win new work. We are in Birmingham, Bristol, London, Manchester and Glasgow so far.
From concept to construction, our fire engineering expertise helps to optimise design and ensure complex buildings are compliant with regulations. Our team has extensive experience working on public sector, residential, commercial, industrial and high hazard process construction projects. We deliver a range of engineering services throughout each step of the development process; from site appraisal, through to planning, design and delivery services for all types of projects.
The workload is diverse with many ‘high-profile’ regional and national clients. The following link takes you to all things Hydrock Fire Division, services, people, projects:
The team provides the following services to clients:
- Advisement on applicable codes, standards and guidance
- Fire engineering design and analysis
- Fire strategy development
- Advisement on regulatory code compliance
- Means of escape design and analysis
- Evacuation analysis and pedestrian flow modelling
- Structural fire protection design and analysis
- Structural optimization analysis
- Fire impact analysis
- External fire spread analysis
- Smoke control design and analysis
- Computational Fluid Dynamic Analysis
- Design and specification of fire protection systems
- Construction phase consultation service
- Third party peer review.
Post occupation services:
- Fire management plan development
- Fire evacuation plan development
- Fire risk assessment.
Join this talent pool if you specialise in:
Please let us know in your cover letter which office(s) you are interested in joining:
- Almondsbury, Bristol
- Hale, Manchester
- Wetherby (moving to Leeds city centre)
We are an independently owned multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy of circa 500 staff, operating out of 16 offices in the UK. We are one of The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For and a champion of well-being (we are the most recent recipient of the Health and Wellbeing Leader of the Year award at the NCE100). We believe part of our success is looking after our people and our values help create a unique, dynamic, working environment. Feedback from our client listening programme and employee surveys indicates we are great to work with, whether providing a service to a client or rewarding employment to an employee!
What you can expect in general
Inspired and motivated colleagues. A great team, office and employer (check out our 2020 wrap up here). A genuine opportunity to develop and to be recognised and rewarded.
The remuneration package will include a competitive salary and employer pension contribution, 25 days annual leave (with the option to buy/sell up to five days), healthy living bonus, well-being bonus and a wide variety of flexible benefits. There are also little things like a paid day off for good causes and free fresh fruit in every office.
We have several team, office, regional and divisional events but ‘Challenge Day’ is when the whole company comes together for a paid day of fun! You can check out our most recent Challenge Day here!
A career with Hydrock offers you the chance to achieve your potential in a strongly people-focused and values-led business that provides great opportunities for professional and personal development.
A place where we can all thrive
At Hydrock we value our diversity and place wellbeing and inclusion for all at the heart of our culture. Offering our people flexibility is an important factor in achieving these aims, so we encourage everyone talk to us about any ideas which enable you to balance your personal commitments with your responsibilities at work. Please let us know your current and/or desired flexible working arrangements in your covering letter, so we can discuss how this could work for you in this role.
Hydrock is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We consider all applications on an individual’s alignment with the required qualifications, knowledge and experience outlined in this job advert, without regard to any of the protected characteristics. So that we can provide everyone with a fair selection, assessment and employment experience, please make us aware if you have any physical or neurodiverse condition for which appropriate reasonable adjustments can be made by us.
- Once you have completed your application to our talent pool through our careers site, our recruitment team will review your details each time a relevant new vacancy opens and get in touch with you to discuss the opportunity.
- If shortlisted, a member of our Recruitment Team will call you for an initial pre-screen by phone (typically 30 minutes) to help us assess your motivations and interest in the position and Hydrock.
- If you progress following this telephone pre-screen, you will be invited to attend a formal interview by video conference (Microsoft Teams) or in our offices (if possible and in line with Covid-19 guidelines). Please let us know what you feel comfortable with.