We have an excellent opportunity to join our successful, fun, supportive and highly engaged team of around 900 people and growing, in an important business support role, within our Legal team. Working with our Director, Executive, Assistant and Legal Administrator, you’ll provide high quality, timely advice to your colleagues around the country, ensuring we manage contractual risks appropriately.
Your role will include:
- Ensuring the accuracy of contracts including but not limited to Appointments, Collateral Warranties, Letters of Reliance.
- Ensuring the completeness of centrally held contract documentation required by the company.
- Review contracts, appointments and other contractual documentation
- Legal research
The attributes we expect you to bring to the role and company:
- Ability to work as part of a team and to work and cooperate effectively with colleagues to achieve the goals of the service.
- Construction contracts experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively in oral and written forms to staff at all levels of the company and external organisations, maintaining confidentiality of information.
- Able to work on own initiative
- Good organisational and administrative skills and ability to work on multiple tasks and ensure work is delivered on time.
- Detail orientated
- Self-motivated team player
- Legally qualified, with experience of reviewing contractual terms in the construction industry. We are happy to develop your skills.
What's great about Hydrock
We are a British-owned integrated multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy of over 900 staff in 21 offices across the UK. Our driving motivation is to be a ‘Force for Good’, as it is our aim to improve the quality of people’s lives from our employees to our clients, through to the communities we work in and our planet as a whole through the work we do.
From the buildings that surround you, the roads and bridges you cross, all related to the infrastructure that we create, we aim to offer the most sustainable possibilities to shape the places, communities and society that we live in through meeting our client’s needs. Through the path we are on to delivering a green future, the result is something that everyone can be proud of.
Named as Building’s Engineering Consultant of the Year in 2023, we’re known for delivering outstanding sustainable projects for our communities, planet, and society.
Some of these projects have recently received industry accolades, including Cleveland Pools winning the Conservation and Regeneration category at the Construction Excellence South West Awards 2023; Bay Technology Centre named Commercial Project of the Year at the British Construction Industry Awards 2022; YGG Tan-y-Lan picked out in the Integration and Collaborative Working category at Construction Excellence Wales Awards 2022; The Deaf Academy singled out for its Universal Design at the Civic Trust Awards 2022; and Bristol’s iconic waterfront Wapping Wharf Living sweeping up at the Bristol Property Awards.
Take a look at our 2023 end of year film and get a feel for what we’re all about.
What we can offer you:
- Inspiring and supportive colleagues
- Reward for progression and hard work
- An opportunity to develop your soft skills, as well your technical skills
- Competitive starting salary
- Excellent health benefits 25 days of holiday (buy/sell up to five days), accrue 1 day extra every 2 years, with bonus holidays too!
- An earlier finish on Friday (4pm!)
- An opportunity to give back: “Day off for good cause” (on a workday)
- A huge range of flexible benefits, including climate perks and an EV car leasing scheme
A place to feel included
We champion diversity, equity and inclusion. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we commit to supporting our employees and ensure we create a safe environment that nurtures you to perform at your best. Offering our people flexibility is an important factor in achieving this aim.
We consider all application individually with the required qualifications and knowledge without regard to any of the protected characteristics. We would like to provide everyone with a fair selection, assessment and employment experience so we ask with are made aware of any physical or neurodiverse condition within your application for which appropriate reasonable adjustments can be made by us.
Looking for the next steps?
Once you have completed your application through our careers site, we aim to review and respond to you as soon as your application’s been reviewed.
If shortlisted, a member of our Talent Acquisition Team will call you for an initial pre-screen by phone (typically 30 minutes) to help us assess your motivations and interest in the position and Hydrock.
If you progress following this telephone pre-screen, you will be invited to attend a formal interview by video conference (Microsoft Teams) or in our offices.
For the latest updates and news, connect with us on our LinkedIn page!