- Location: Bristol
- Anticipated Start Date: September 2024
- Deadline for Applications: Friday 2 February 2024
- We are not able to provide a Skilled Worker visa for this position. You will need to be eligible to work in the UK without our sponsorship to be considered for this role. Please do not apply if you have limited leave to enter or remain in the UK e.g. a visitor visa, a student/graduate visa or an employer-sponsored visa from a previous employer.
Here is an exciting opportunity to join our highly experienced Strategic Projects team as an Apprentice Project Manager.
The Strategic Projects division is a diverse human focused team of people from a wide variety of mainly built environment backgrounds, working to deliver a standout approach to the complexities of integrated engineering services. Our team provides an approachable, adaptable, accountable single point of contact for key Hydrock projects.
What the role looks like:
- Help with large complex strategic projects; including internal and supplier delivery performance, relationships, financial performance, risk management and problem resolution
- Work with processes such as Quality Control, Opportunity Assessment, Instruction, Change Control, H&S Reviews, CRM, Financial, 3rd Party Supplier Appointment, etc.
- Help with accurate reporting of project invoicing, aged debt, 3rd party accruals and orders and prospects
- Help with project set up meetings, regular internal project updates and project closure reviews with all teams
- Read and appreciate the technical team’s output and help facilitate a fully integrated set of Hydrock deliverables for our clients.
- Help with problem solving delivery issues and conflicts quickly and in collaboration with all stakeholders
- Help to prepare project case studies to capture specific experiences
- Help with preparation of tender submissions and fee proposals for a wide variety of opportunities.
People and Business:
- Be an ambassador for Strategic Projects and Hydrock
- Actively support the aspirations of our Divisional Business Plan and Hydrock London’s Local Plan
- Focus on supporting, empowering, and developing ourselves and each other.
- Work towards, with our support, relevant professional qualifications (PFQ) and accreditation with APM
- Work with us full time
- Attend University Centre Weston for part-time study on day release - one day (7 hours) per week
- Gain a Level 6 Project Management Qualification (equivalent to a degree)
What do I need to enjoy?
- Being part of successful integrated engineering teams
- Working on increasingly innovative and sustainable projects
- Delivering projects that exceed our clients’ expectations
- The challenges presented by a dynamic project environment.
- Deploying the appropriate commercial, technical and people balance at the appropriate time
What will you need to succeed?
- 3 X A Levels at grade C or above, preferably in related subjects such as Maths, Science and IT, T Level Pass (C or above on the core) or a BTEC Extended Diploma at MMM, or equivalent
- GCSE grades 9 to 4/ A* to C in subjects such as maths and English or equivalent experience/qualification.
- A passion for the built environment we all live and work in.
- To be organised yet agile enough to deal with rapid changes in project priorities.
- To be a natural at planning, acting on and completing multiple tasks at the same time.
- The ability to develop long term valued relationships with people.
What's great about Hydrock 'in a nutshell'?
We are a British-owned integrated multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy of over 900 staff in 21 offices across the UK. Our driving motivation is to be a ‘Force for Good’, as it is our aim to improve the quality of people’s lives from our employees to our clients, through to the communities we work in and our planet as a whole through the work we do.
From the buildings that surround you, the roads and bridges you cross, all related to the infrastructure that we create, we aim to offer the most sustainable possibilities to shape the places, communities and society that we live in through meeting our client’s needs. Through the path we are on to delivering a green future, the result is something that everyone can be proud of.
Our welcoming and friendly culture is something we are proud of and is supported 9 years in the Top 100 Best Companies to Work For list. Check out some of our incredible projects which have been awarded: 2022 Net Zero Award for Bay Technology Centre, the Integration and Collaborative Working Award for YGG Tan-y-Lan primary school, The Deaf Academy awarded for its Universal Design at the 2022 Civic Trust Awards and Bristol’s iconic waterfront Wapping Wharf Living making a double win at the Bristol Property Awards!
What we can offer you:
- Inspiring and supportive colleagues
- Reward for progression and hard work
- An opportunity to develop your soft skills, as well your technical skills
- Competitive starting salary
- Excellent health benefits
- 25 days of holiday (buy/sell up to five days), accrue 1 day extra every 2 years, with bonus holidays too!
- An earlier finish on Friday (4pm!)
- An opportunity to give back: “Day off for good cause” (on a workday)
- A huge range of flexible benefits, including climate perks and an EV car leasing scheme
- Our biggest event: Challenge Day!
A place to feel included
We champion diversity, equity, and inclusion. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we commit to supporting our employees and ensure we create a safe environment that nurtures you to perform at your best. Offering our people flexibility is an important factor in achieving this aim.
We consider all application individually with the required qualifications and knowledge without regard to any of the protected characteristics. We would like to provide everyone with a fair selection, assessment and employment experience so we ask with are made aware of any physical or neurodiverse condition within your application for which appropriate reasonable adjustments can be made by us.
Looking for the next steps?
- Once you have completed your application through our careers site, we aim to review and respond to you as soon as your application’s been reviewed.
- If shortlisted, a member of our Recruitment Team will call you for an initial pre-screen by phone (typically 30 minutes) to help us assess your motivations and interest in the position and Hydrock.
- If you progress following this telephone pre-screen, you will be invited to attend a formal interview by video conference (Microsoft Teams) or in our offices.
For the latest updates and news, connect with us on our LinkedIn page!