Job Title: Team Administrator/Administration Assistant
Start Date: Immediate
We have an excellent opportunity for a Team Administrator/Administration Assistant to join our thriving MEP team within our central London office. The office is very busy and the administrators play a key role supporting the efficient operation of the business. The Team Administrator is responsible for providing full administrative support to the MEP Divisional Director and London MEP team which is currently around 20 people, The role will report to the Director in charge of the team. The Team Administrators also assists with the smooth operation and running of the wider office and its systems, managed by the Office Manager. The successful applicant will be required to have daily interaction with our clients and it is important that we project a professional, organised and understanding image
Core Job Functions
- Assist the Divisional Director organising inter-office activities and events
- Assist with diary management and coordination of senior team member diaries for both internal and external events
- Assist the team organising meeting rooms and other facilities
- Assist team with preparation, proof reading and formatting of fee proposals, reports, specifications, presentations, collating multi-disciplinary bids and case studies;
- Document control - management of incoming and outgoing correspondence/drawing & report issues, uploading/downloading information and filing.
- Assisting the team with project management and schedule for deliverables.
- Ensuring Integrated Management System/Quality Assurance procedures are adhered to by technical staff;
- Reception cover – assist with direction of enquiries and managing issues for our office users;
- Promptly responding to incoming calls; answering queries, redirecting calls, and taking messages;
- Book meeting rooms and organise catering and IT equipment as required;
- Preparing agendas for divisional team meetings and minute taking;
- Booking travel and accommodation for divisional team meetings and project commitments using Click Travel;
- Ensuring all technical staff have adequate Personal Protective Equipment and IT requirements sorted on commencement of employment;
- Sourcing and procuring goods and services, raising purchase orders on Rapport;
- Using the financial management system (Rapport) to help with the financial planning of projects, setting up new projects and assisting with Rapport data input;
- Assisting with communication for team members who are working remotely
- Work with the Office Manager to ensure the smooth running of the MEP team within the office
- Any other duties as may be reasonably requested.
- Excellent verbal communications and interpersonal skills;
- Strong administrative and organisational skills;
- Effective operating on multiple tasks under pressure;
- Good sense of humour; well-mannered and self-motivated.
- Academic qualification and background appropriate for administrative management role;
- Knowledge of working in a busy technical / engineering environment.
- Hydrock offers understands the needs to balance work life with private life, as a company we offer flexible working, however this role is office, however with prior agreement with your line manager it is possible to work remotely in exceptional circumstances or where tasks can be completed remotely
- The successful applicant will be issued with a laptop and mobile phone for business use to enable calls to be answered when away from the office
- Office Hours are 08.30am - 17.15 Monday to Thursday and 08.30 - 16.00 on Friday. We many need flexibility on hours where we have deadlines to meet, or should we have client events which may run outside normal office hours
What's great about Hydrock 'in a nutshell'?
We are a British-owned integrated multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy of over 900 staff in 21 offices across the UK. Our driving motivation is to be a ‘Force for Good’, as it is our aim to improve the quality of people’s lives from our employees to our clients, through to the communities we work in and our planet as a whole through the work we do.
From the buildings that surround you, the roads and bridges you cross, all related to the infrastructure that we create, we aim to offer the most sustainable possibilities to shape the places, communities and society that we live in through meeting our client’s needs. Through the path we are on to delivering a green future, the result is something that everyone can be proud of.
Our welcoming and friendly culture is something we are proud of and is supported 9 years in the Top 100 Best Companies to Work For list. Check out some of our incredible projects which have been awarded: 2022 Net Zero Award for Bay Technology Centre, the Integration and Collaborative Working Award for YGG Tan-y-Lan primary school, The Deaf Academy awarded for its Universal Design at the 2022 Civic Trust Awards and Bristol’s iconic waterfront Wapping Wharf Living making a double win at the Bristol Property Awards!
What we can offer you:
- Inspiring and supportive colleagues
- Reward for progression and hard work
- An opportunity to develop your soft skills, as well your technical skills
- Competitive starting salary
- Excellent health benefits
- 25 days of holiday (buy/sell up to five days), accrue 1 day extra every 2 years, with bonus holidays too!
- An earlier finish on Friday (4pm!)
- An opportunity to give back: “Day off for good cause” (on a workday)
- A huge range of flexible benefits, including climate perks and an EV car leasing scheme
- Our biggest event: Challenge Day!
A place to feel included
We champion diversity, equity, and inclusion. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we commit to supporting our employees and ensure we create a safe environment that nurtures you to perform at your best. Offering our people flexibility is an important factor in achieving this aim.
We consider all application individually with the required qualifications and knowledge without regard to any of the protected characteristics. We would like to provide everyone with a fair selection, assessment and employment experience so we ask with are made aware of any physical or neurodiverse condition within your application for which appropriate reasonable adjustments can be made by us.
Looking for the next steps?
- Once you have completed your application through our careers site, we aim to review and respond to you as soon as your application’s been reviewed.
- If shortlisted, a member of our Recruitment Team will call you for an initial pre-screen by phone (typically 30 minutes) to help us assess your motivations and interest in the position and Hydrock.
- If you progress following this telephone pre-screen, you will be invited to attend a formal interview by video conference (Microsoft Teams) or in our offices.
For the latest updates and news, connect with us on our LinkedIn page!