We have an excellent opportunity for an MEP Director to join our successful and engaged team of building services design professionals in Manchester. This is an influential and strategic leadership role, with lots of opportunity to build a legacy and progress your career.
We have a proven track record working within the North of England, with offices in Leeds, Manchester and more recently Scotland. You will help develop and shape the existing team in what we do locally in Manchester as well as support regionally and nationally for framework projects.
Your role will include:
- Develop our client relationships and brand within Manchester.
- Oversee team performance including work pipeline, costs, and operational management.
- Consistently meet monthly and annual budgets at a team level, support with MEP budget planning and continuously look for ways to improve performance.
- Work with the divisional director and regional board to develop and implement strategic initiatives in the team and across the wider business.
- Drive profitable and sustainable work-winning and maintain up-to-date forecasting for the team and input to the wider MEP division.
Our Mechanical, Electrical & Public Health (MEP) division:
Our MEP team are specialists in energy, sustainability, and engineering design. We bring buildings to life and create award winning, high-performance environments that enhance the built environment – working across all sectors including commercial, industrial, leisure, retail, manufacturing, logistics, heritage and residential.
Our work includes:
- Building performance modelling
- Building performance optimisation
- Carbon verification and validation strategies
- Daylight and sunlight studies
- Net-Zero strategy
- Sustainability benchmarking and environmental assessments
- Sustainable master planning
- Strategic utility management services
We offer a fresh approach to MEP, getting involved early, working collaboratively with the design team, highlighting options, guiding design development, and using our expertise to help clients make key decisions.
Most importantly, you’ll find us a lively, good-spirited team, passionate about what we’re doing and enjoying each other’s company – we’ll be sure to give you a warm welcome too! Check out our MEP project portfolio here.
To succeed in this role, you’ll need:
- A talent and passion for business development and managing large teams of MEP professionals.
- Proven track record working as a director (or experienced Associate Director looking to step up) within an engineering consultancy and previous experience working within building services across a range of projects.
- Self-motivated team leader with the ability to drive efficiencies and growth.
- Strong communication, analysis, and people skills.
What's great about Hydrock 'in a nutshell'?
- We are a British-owned integrated multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy of over 900 staff in 21 offices across the UK. Our driving motivation is to be a ‘Force for Good’, as it is our aim to improve the quality of people’s lives from our employees to our clients, through to the communities we work in and our planet as a whole through the work we do.
- From the buildings that surround you, the roads and bridges you cross, all related to the infrastructure that we create, we aim to offer the most sustainable possibilities to shape the places, communities and society that we live in through meeting our client’s needs. Through the path we are on to delivering a green future, the result is something that everyone can be proud of.
- Our welcoming and friendly culture is something we are proud of and has gained us recognition with 9 years in the Top 100 Best Companies to Work For list. Check out some of our incredible projects which have been awarded: 2022 Net Zero Award for Bay Technology Centre, Integration and Collaborative Working Award for YGG Tan-y-Lan primary school, The Deaf Academy awarded for its Universal Design at the 2022 Civic Trust Awards and Bristol’s iconic waterfront Wapping Wharf Living making a double win at the Bristol Property Awards!
- To top off, here’s our 2023 wrap up video!
What we can offer you:
- Great learning and development opportunities.
- Inspiring and supportive colleagues
- Reward for progression and hard work
- An opportunity to develop your soft skills, as well your technical skills
- Competitive starting salary
- Excellent health benefits 25 days of holiday (buy/sell up to five days), accrue 1 day extra every 2 years, with bonus holidays too!
- An earlier finish on Friday (4pm!)
- An opportunity to give back: “Day off for good cause” (on a workday)
- A huge range of flexible benefits, including climate perks and an EV car leasing scheme
- Our biggest event: Challenge Day!
A place to feel included
We champion diversity, equity, and inclusion. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we commit to supporting our employees and ensure we create a safe environment that nurtures you to perform at your best. Offering our people flexibility is an important factor in achieving this aim.
We consider all application individually with the required qualifications and knowledge without regard to any of the protected characteristics. We would like to provide everyone with a fair selection, assessment and employment experience so we ask with are made aware of any physical or neurodiverse condition within your application for which appropriate reasonable adjustments can be made by us.
Looking for the next steps?
Once you have completed your application through our careers site, we aim to review and respond to you as soon as your application’s been reviewed.
If shortlisted, a member of our Recruitment Team will call you for an initial pre-screen by phone (typically 30 minutes) to help us assess your motivations and interest in the position and Hydrock.
If you progress following this telephone pre-screen, you will be invited to attend a formal interview by video conference (Microsoft Teams) or in our offices.
For the latest updates and news, connect with us on our LinkedIn page!