Operations Coordinator, Fire Safety Division, London
We have an exciting opportunity for an Operations Coordinator to join our expanding Fire Safety Division who form part of our highly engaged multi-disciplinary team in London, working from our brand new modern office on Great Suffolk Street (SE1 1PP)! This vibrant area has lots to offer, with, London bridge, the Thames footpath and Borough Market right on the doorstep!
The Operations team is an integral part of the Fire Division, and the Operations Co-Ordinator role plays a pivotal part in supporting a range of Engineers and Consultants with all operational aspects of team management. You need to be brilliantly organised and thrive on delivering great support to your colleagues and the business, to make a significant difference to those colleagues and our clients.
Your role will include:
The main purpose of the role, reporting to the Operations Manager, is to provide administration support to a team of Fire Engineers and Fire Consultant, within the expanding Fire Division, that forms part of our multiple award-winning engineering consultancy. You can expect a professional, fast-paced environment where everyone pulls together to achieve shared goals.
Tasks will include:
- Supporting a team of Fire Engineers in providing administrative support on a range of clients, from fee proposal stage, through to project close
- Preparation and issuing of fee proposals.
- Onboarding of new projects – ensuring correct documentation received, projects set up correctly and fees forecast
- Creation and issuing of invoices
- Assisting in the production of Purchase Orders and liaising with suppliers and Sub-contractors/Affiliates
- Any other ad hoc financial administration support required, including assisting with queried invoices
- Supporting Project teams in the running of large, national contracts. This could involve co-ordinating site visits, allocating resource, maintaining accurate records, ensuring timely and accurate invoicing
- First point of contact for clients
- Running weekly project planning and forecasting meetings
- Acting as a liaison point between other teams within Hydrock ie Legal, Credit Control, Accounts
- Other ad hoc administrative tasks, as required
The attributes we expect you to bring to the role and company:
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written forms to staff at all levels within the company and with external organisations, maintaining confidentiality of information
- Some working knowledge of reviewing legal documents would be advantageous
- Administrative experience gained within either the construction or fire industry would be advantageous
- Accurate administrative skills and strong organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise and to meet deadlines
- Fully competent in the use of Microsoft Office and other associated software (training given)
- Good sense of humour, well-mannered and self-motivated with a proactive approach
- Ability to work as part of a team and cooperate effectively but also be confident when working independently
What's great about Hydrock 'in a nutshell'
We are a British-owned integrated multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy of over 900 staff in 21 offices across the UK. Our driving motivation is to be a ‘Force for Good’, as it is our aim to improve the quality of people’s lives from our employees to our clients, through to the communities we work in and our planet as a whole through the work we do.
From the buildings that surround you, the roads and bridges you cross, all related to the infrastructure that we create, we aim to offer the most sustainable possibilities to shape the places, communities and society that we live in through meeting our client’s needs. Through the path we are on to delivering a green future, the result is something that everyone can be proud of.
Our welcoming and friendly culture is something we are proud of and has gained us recognition with 9 years in the Top 100 Best Companies to Work For list. Check out some of our incredible projects which have been awarded: 2022 Net Zero Award for Bay Technology Centre, Integration and Collaborative Working Award for YGG Tan-y-Lan primary school, The Deaf Academy awarded for its Universal Design at the 2022 Civic Trust Awards and Bristol’s iconic waterfront Wapping Wharf Living making a double win at the Bristol Property Awards! To top off, here’s our 2022 wrap up video!
What we can offer you:
- Inspiring and supportive colleagues
- Reward for progression and hard work
- An opportunity to develop your soft skills, as well your technical skills
- Competitive starting salary
- Excellent health benefits 25 days of holiday, accrue 1 day extra every 2 years, with bonus holidays too!
- Flexible office start times and an earlier finish on Friday (1hr earlier!)
- An opportunity to give back: “Day off for good cause” (on a workday)
- A huge range of flexible benefits, including climate perks and an EV car leasing scheme
- Our biggest event of the year: Annual Challenge Day!
A place to feel included
We champion diversity, equity and inclusion. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we commit to supporting our employees and ensure we create a safe environment that nurtures you to perform at your best. Offering our people flexibility is an important factor in achieving this aim.