Opportunity for a Principal Geotechnical Engineer (or experienced Senior Geotechnical Engineer) to join our award-winning consultancy based in Head Office, near Almondsbury, Bristol BS32 4DF, just off J16 or J17 of the M5.
Hydrock is a market leading multidisciplinary consultancy and an exceptional employer, as recognised in the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work For. We believe in looking after our people and our values help create a unique, dynamic, working environment.
Geo is one of our core disciplines and we have a substantial national team, including over 20 staff based at Head Office. The team work from high quality office space in a converted historic building, boasting plenty of natural light and character. The Founder and the MD both work from this site, along with our Civil Infrastructure, Nuclear and business support teams. Around 100 staff are based at Head Office and we employ over 400 staff in total.
More about the role and your experience
- Experienced and capable at scoping and delivering geotechnical ground investigations for a variety of purposes.
- A capable ground modeller.
- Experienced in writing interpretive geotechnical reports.
- Experience in the specification and design of geotechnical structures (foundations, earthworks, ground improvement, slopes, embankments, cuttings, gravity structures, nails, anchors, imbedded walls etc).
- An experienced Senior/Principal Geotechnical Engineer with substantial consultancy experience gained in the UK.
- BEng, BSc or higher qualification in Geotechnical or Civil Engineering and Chartered Member of a relevant institution
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
This is a permanent position, offering a competitive salary, car allowance and an excellent benefits package.
Hydrock is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.