An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Principal (or experienced Senior) Transport Planner to join our exceptional national Transportation division, working from our city centre based Manchester office.
We are close-knit team that works collective and promotes a collaborative office environment. We value the input of all members of the team and encourage everyone, no matter what level, to bring ideas to the table. Hydrock Manchester is full multi-disciplinary office and we take every opportunity to work with colleagues on project work.
In addition to our teams in Manchester and Leeds, our national Transportation division operates out of Bristol, Cardiff, Southampton, and Truro. They have a wealth of experience and will offer support, development opportunities and expert advice.
The successful candidate will find Hydrock offers a workplace atmosphere that fosters a sense of well-being, collaboration, productivity, and overall job satisfaction among employees. In such an office environment, employees feel valued, motivated, and supported, which leads to increased engagement and a positive impact on individual and team performance.
You will be engaged in all aspects of traffic and transportation planning including transport assessments for new developments, master planning, urban regeneration and sustainable transport projects. This includes projects for a broad range of clients including Public Sector organisations and private sector clients.
We have a diverse portfolio of work, typically delivered alongside a number of our other consultancy services, including framework agreements. Recent projects delivered from the Manchester team include: Jersey Wharf, Trafford’s ‘Modern Surf’ complex and Lea Green Station
Our national Transportation team have a wealth of experience and will offer support, development opportunities and expert advice. Working as part of our national division, you will be exposed to a wide variety of project work and practice.
For additional information on our national division and local team please check out the links below:
We’re engaged in all aspects of traffic and transportation planning including transport assessments for new developments, master planning, urban regeneration and sustainable transport projects. This includes projects for a broad range of clients including Public Sector organisations and private sector clients.
What you will be responsible for:
- Project delivery utilising more junior members of staff.
- Management of technically excellent, commercially successful project delivery.
- Time management; financial, budget and workflow information for reporting.
- Manage, develop and maintain excellent relationships with statutory authorities, clients, architects and the wider design team.
What skills and attributes are we looking for?
- Self-motivated team player.
- Capable and happy working within a team structure as well as helping mentor junior members of staff.
- Technical excellence in all aspects of development planning work including Transport Assessments, junction modelling and design, Masterplanning, Travel Plans, and ES transport chapters. Experience of supporting Public Inquiry work beneficial.
- Post-graduate qualification in transport planning / engineering OR a first degree in a related discipline. Chartered (or working towards) through a relevant institution – e.g. CIHT, CILT beneficial.
- Expert knowledge of relevant transportation modelling programs JUNCTIONS (ARCADY, PICADY), LinSig and TRICS.
- Understanding of the principles and outputs of strategic models (SATURN and VISSIM / PARAMICS) would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of the principals of highways design/ junction layouts etc.
- Be willing to assist and support with Business Development opportunities.
What's great about Hydrock 'in a nutshell'
We are a British-owned integrated multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy of over 900 staff in 21 offices across the UK. Our driving motivation is to be a ‘Force for Good’, as it is our aim to improve the quality of people’s lives from our employees to our clients, through to the communities we work in and our planet as a whole through the work we do.
From the buildings that surround you, the roads and bridges you cross, all related to the infrastructure that we create, we aim to offer the most sustainable possibilities to shape the places, communities and society that we live in through meeting our client’s needs. Through the path we are on to delivering a green future, the result is something that everyone can be proud of.
Our welcoming and friendly culture is something we are proud of and has gained us recognition with 9 years in the Top 100 Best Companies to Work For list. Check out some of our incredible projects which have been awarded: 2022 Net Zero Award for Bay Technology Centre, Integration and Collaborative Working Award for YGG Tan-y-Lan primary school, The Deaf Academy awarded for its Universal Design at the 2022 Civic Trust Awards and Bristol’s iconic waterfront Wapping Wharf Living making a double win at the Bristol Property Awards! To top off, here’s our 2022 wrap up video!
What we can offer you:
- Inspiring and supportive colleagues
- Reward for progression and hard work
- An opportunity to develop your soft skills, as well your technical skills
- Competitive starting salary
- Excellent health benefits 25 days of holiday, accrue 1 day extra every 2 years, with bonus holidays too!
- Flexible office start times and an earlier finish on Friday (1hr earlier!)
- An opportunity to give back: “Day off for good cause” (on a workday)
- A huge range of flexible benefits, including climate perks and an EV car leasing scheme
- Our biggest event of the year: Annual Challenge Day!
A place to feel included
We champion diversity, equity and inclusion. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we commit to supporting our employees and ensure we create a safe environment that nurtures you to perform at your best. Offering our people flexibility is an important factor in achieving this aim.