Opportunity for a Principal or Senior Geo-Environmental Consultantto join our team in our Northampton office (NN6 8LD), as part of our successful Midlands Geo Division.
We are a close-knit team that works collectively towards challenges. We value the input of all members of the team and encourage everyone to bring ideas to the table.
We have a diverse portfolio of work, typically delivered alongside a number of our other consultancy services. Recent projects include The Wave, various large gateway logistical sites, including one in Northampton, Data centers ,Schools,, HMP Foss Way and various smaller but no less challenging residential schemes.
As an experienced Principal or Senior Geo-Environmental Consultant, you will be responsible for the design, implementation and management of geo-environmental assignments including (but not limited to): desk studies, ground investigations (factual and interpretative), human health, groundwater and gas risk assessments and preparation of Remediation Method Statements. You will also help support the wider team working with junior colleagues to mentor and develop their professional understanding. Additionally, there will be an opportunity to support the production of fee proposals and business development.
The role will require the individual to be highly proficient in the preparation and checking of qualitative and quantitative risk assessment including the derivation of assessment criteria using the CLEA model for human risk assessment, BS8485-compliant ground gas risk assessments, and RTM-compliant Controlled Waters risk assessments. Preference will be given to candidates who are Chartered through an
d appropriate body and who have achieved at least RSoBRA (and preferably ASoBRA for one or more of) for Human Health Risk Assessment, Permanent Gases and Controlled Waters.
Your role will also include working in a day-to-day leadership role as part of integrated project teams of specialists. You will be required to review factual report information, undertake project management duties including client liaison and financial aspects such as invoicing as well as both preparing and checking RAMS.
What you will need to succeed in this role:
- BSc or higher qualification in a relevant subject (environmental science, geology, engineering) and a Chartered Environmentalist/Geologist/Engineer (or working towards).
- Sufficient and relevant experience, ideally gained in ground investigation, interpretation and reporting.
- Demonstrable skills in writing accurate, concise, clear and well-constructed technical reports, reviewing the work of others, assessing the technical approach and determining compliance with relevant guidance and the client’s requirements.
- Believes in our ethos.
What's great about Hydrock 'in a nutshell'
We are a British-owned integrated multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy of over 900 staff in 21 offices across the UK. Our driving motivation is to be a ‘Force for Good’, as it is our aim to improve the quality of people’s lives from our employees to our clients, through to the communities we work in and our planet as a whole through the work we do.
From the buildings that surround you, the roads and bridges you cross, all related to the infrastructure that we create, we aim to offer the most sustainable possibilities to shape the places, communities and society that we live in through meeting our client’s needs. Through the path we are on to delivering a green future, the result is something that everyone can be proud of.
Our welcoming and friendly culture is something we are proud of and has gained us recognition with 9 years in the Top 100 Best Companies to Work For list. Check out some of our incredible projects which have been awarded: 2022 Net Zero Award for Bay Technology Centre, Integration and Collaborative Working Award for YGG Tan-y-Lan primary school, The Deaf Academy awarded for its Universal Design at the 2022 Civic Trust Awards and Bristol’s iconic waterfront Wapping Wharf Living making a double win at the Bristol Property Awards! To top off, here’s our 2022 wrap up video!
What we can offer you:
- Inspiring and supportive colleagues
- Reward for progression and hard work
- An opportunity to develop your soft skills, as well your technical skills
- Competitive starting salary
- Excellent health benefits 25 days of holiday (buy/sell up to five days), accrue 1 day extra every 2 years, with bonus holidays too!
- An opportunity to give back: “Day off for good cause” (on a workday)
- A huge range of flexible benefits, including climate perks and an EV car leasing scheme
- Our biggest event of the year: Annual Challenge Day!
A place to feel included
We champion diversity, equity and inclusion. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we commit to supporting our employees and ensure we create a safe environment that nurtures you to perform at your best. Offering our people flexibility is an important factor in achieving this aim.