We have an excellent opportunity for a Regional Director to develop, manage and deliver upon the strategic growth objectives within our London and South East region. This is done in conjunction with delivery and central specialists ensuring that there is a cohesive approach to the advancement of Hydrock's positioning in the market. Hydrock has established London as our key growth market and so this is a fantastic opportunity for someone with the ambition to become a strategic leader within our business.
- Development and implementation of the Regional Business Plan ensuring that KPI's are met
- Personally deliver multi-disciplinary winning work across a diverse range of clients
- Identifying local growth sectors, markets and trends and developing initiatives to target them to achieve the strategic objectives
- Monitoring of financials, dependencies, issues, needs - at a regional level and local team KPIs e.g. Debtor days, WIP, EBIT etc - initiating actions to address variances
- Informing the Executive Board about strategic market developments and business improvement initiatives
1. Be the sales lead for the region
- Drive strategic business development from existing knowledge and contacts for the London & South East market
- Chair regular BD meetings and Regional Boards
- Manage the Regional Key Client programme, Frameworks and sector approach
- Manage the client care programme on regionally important projects
- Achieve personal targets for work winning and client development
- Lead must win project and framework bids
- Identify and take a lead/ oversight role on flagship projects
- Ensure that Game Changers and new services are brought to market locally
- Be the networking figure head - understanding and accessing key external decision makers and influencers
2. Drive a positive and progressive culture within the region and across Hydrock
- Encourage and enable multi-disciplinary working
- Ensure education and embedding of new service lines, sales/marketing initiatives and people focused activities
- Infuse a positive team dynamic and social infrastructure
- Be involved in recruitment and retention alongside Divisional Directors
- Ensure there is a focus on DEI
- Be an advocate for social value and community initiatives
- Upskill our external client facing regional team in, for example, work winning, client care and networking
3. Work with Marketing to enhance and embed the Hydrock brand in the Region
- Establish and implement an events and PR programme
- Represent Hydrock on local and national business committees and associations - e.g. BiTC,
- Position Hydrock for Awards
- Identify potential partnerships and ally relationships
- Ensure that the Client Listening Programme is fully utilised
4. Contribute to the continued development of the Hydrock business
- Involvement in Steering Groups and Project Teams
- Identify local and Group areas for development and feedback to the Board
- Mentor future talent
- Regular communication with other Regional and Divisional Directors
- Provide regular market feedback to Operational Board and to the Executive Board/ Holdings
The Regional Director role is a senior appointment within the business and is primarily focused on delivering profitable growth across our focus markets in the built environment. The candidate would be expected to:
- Have a strong and well-established network of industry contacts across the region
- Have been responsible for sourcing and winning new work across a range of projects and sectors
- Be a recognised and respected built environment leading practitioner
- Have experience of leading teams to achieve successful client engagement and profitable growth
- Have led major bids
- Be competent in analysing market and financial data to aid strategic decision making and implementation of work winning initiatives
- Be adept at operating at the highest levels of organisations both internally and externally
What's great about Hydrock
We are a British-owned integrated multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy of over 900 staff in 21 offices across the UK. Our driving motivation is to be a ‘Force for Good’, as it is our aim to improve the quality of people’s lives from our employees to our clients, through to the communities we work in and our planet as a whole through the work we do.
From the buildings that surround you, the roads and bridges you cross, all related to the infrastructure that we create, we aim to offer the most sustainable possibilities to shape the places, communities and society that we live in through meeting our client’s needs. Through the path we are on to delivering a green future, the result is something that everyone can be proud of.
Named as Building’s Engineering Consultant of the Year in 2023, we’re known for delivering outstanding sustainable projects for our communities, planet, and society.
Some of these projects have recently received industry accolades, including Cleveland Pools winning the Conservation and Regeneration category at the Construction Excellence South West Awards 2023; Bay Technology Centre named Commercial Project of the Year at the British Construction Industry Awards 2022; YGG Tan-y-Lan picked out in the Integration and Collaborative Working category at Construction Excellence Wales Awards 2022; The Deaf Academy singled out for its Universal Design at the Civic Trust Awards 2022; and Bristol’s iconic waterfront Wapping Wharf Living sweeping up at the Bristol Property Awards.
Take a look at our 2023 end of year film and get a feel for what we’re all about.
What we can offer you:
- Inspiring and supportive colleagues
- Reward for progression and hard work
- An opportunity to develop your soft skills, as well your technical skills
- Competitive starting salary
- Excellent health benefits 25 days of holiday (buy/sell up to five days), accrue 1 day extra every 2 years, with bonus holidays too!
- An earlier finish on Friday (4pm!)
- An opportunity to give back: “Day off for good cause” (on a workday)
- A huge range of flexible benefits, including climate perks and an EV car leasing scheme
A place to feel included
We champion diversity, equity and inclusion. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we commit to supporting our employees and ensure we create a safe environment that nurtures you to perform at your best. Offering our people flexibility is an important factor in achieving this aim.
We consider all application individually with the required qualifications and knowledge without regard to any of the protected characteristics. We would like to provide everyone with a fair selection, assessment and employment experience so we ask with are made aware of any physical or neurodiverse condition within your application for which appropriate reasonable adjustments can be made by us.
Looking for the next steps?
Once you have completed your application through our careers site, we aim to review and respond to you as soon as your application’s been reviewed.
If shortlisted, a member of our Talent Acquisition Team will call you for an initial pre-screen by phone (typically 30 minutes) to help us assess your motivations and interest in the position and Hydrock.
If you progress following this telephone pre-screen, you will be invited to attend a formal interview by video conference (Microsoft Teams) or in our offices.
For the latest updates and news, connect with us on our LinkedIn page!