What you will be responsible for:
- Leading the vision and strategy for Hydrock’s local southern transport businesses (Cardiff/Bristol/Truro/Southampton) and working closely with the other team leads based in the North/South.
- Team growth, performance and development management.
- Meeting office financial targets.
- Business Development – a strong background in work winning and a drive to work with others within Hydrock to cross-sell and develop our business in line with the Hydrock Core Values,
- Seek to deliver new products and positively differentiate Hydrock from its competitors.
- Improve productivity, efficiency and profitability.
- Leadership and management of technically excellent, commercially successful project delivery.
- Business performance management; financial, budget and workflow information for reporting.
- Manage, develop and maintain excellent relationships with statutory authorities, clients, architects and the wider design team.
- Interface and manage the input of other Hydrock departments (typically Infrastructure and Geotechnical teams).
What skills and attributes are we looking for?
- Post-graduate qualification in transport planning / engineering OR a first degree in a related discipline.
- Chartered through a relevant institution – e.g. CIHT, CILT.
- Strong existing client relationships and the ability to identify and bring in new clients.
- Significant consultancy experience in a leadership role in transportation development-planning.
- Extensive knowledge in the preparation of transport assessments, travel plans, access strategies.
- Working knowledge of relevant transportation modelling programs JUNCTIONS 9 (ARCADY, PICADY), LinSig and TRICS. Understanding of the principles and outputs of SATURN and VISSIM / PARAMICS.
- Technical excellence in all aspects of Development Planning work including Transport Assessments, junction modelling and design, Masterplanning, Travel Plans, Public Inquiry and Proofs of Evidence.
- Ability to prepare commercially robust fee proposals.
- Experienced in project and team management.
- Self-motivated team player with strong people management and leadership skills. Able to provide direction
- and create a high performing team environment.
- Strong communication, analysis, and technical skills Strong Marketing/Business development skills.
Our national Transportation division currently operate out of Southampton, Bristol, Cardiff, Truro, Manchester, Leeds, Newcastle and London. They have a wealth of experience and will offer support, development opportunities and expert advice. Working as part of our national division, you will be exposed to a wide variety of project work and practice.
For additional information on our national division and local team please check out the links below:
We’re engaged in all aspects of traffic and transportation planning including transport assessments for new developments, master planning, urban regeneration and sustainable transport projects. This includes projects for a broad range of clients including Public Sector organisations and private sector clients.
What's great about Hydrock 'in a nutshell'
We are a British-owned integrated multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy of over 900 staff in 21 offices across the UK. Our driving motivation is to be a ‘Force for Good’, as it is our aim to improve the quality of people’s lives from our employees to our clients, through to the communities we work in and our planet as a whole through the work we do.
From the buildings that surround you, the roads and bridges you cross, all related to the infrastructure that we create, we aim to offer the most sustainable possibilities to shape the places, communities and society that we live in through meeting our client’s needs. Through the path we are on to delivering a green future, the result is something that everyone can be proud of.
Our welcoming and friendly culture is something we are proud of and has gained us recognition with 9 years in the Top 100 Best Companies to Work For list. Check out some of our incredible projects which have been awarded: 2022 Net Zero Award for Bay Technology Centre, Integration and Collaborative Working Award for YGG Tan-y-Lan primary school, The Deaf Academy awarded for its Universal Design at the 2022 Civic Trust Awards and Bristol’s iconic waterfront Wapping Wharf Living making a double win at the Bristol Property Awards! To top off, here’s our 2022 wrap up video!
What we can offer you:
- Inspiring and supportive colleagues
- Reward for progression and hard work
- An opportunity to develop your soft skills, as well your technical skills
- Competitive starting salary
- Excellent health benefits 25 days of holiday, accrue 1 day extra every 2 years, with bonus holidays too!
- Flexible office start times and an earlier finish on Friday (4pm)
- An opportunity to give back: “Day off for good cause” (on a workday)
- A huge range of flexible benefits, including climate perks and an EV car leasing scheme
- Our biggest event of the year: Annual Challenge Day!
A place to feel included
We champion diversity, equity and inclusion. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we commit to supporting our employees and ensure we create a safe environment that nurtures you to perform at your best. Offering our people flexibility is an important factor in achieving this aim.