Opportunity for a Senior Electrical Engineer or an established Electrical Engineer to join our growing mechanical and electrical engineering team in our new and expanding Leeds office, as part of our successful national MEP Division.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day technical delivery of the electrical design services for multidiscipline projects across a number of building sectors. You will also be responsible for maintaining and developing external relationships to ensure that projects are delivered to the client's and the wider team’s satisfaction. It will also include giving presentations and persuading clients to take a responsible approach to sustainability and energy performance.
You will be responsible for the correct and efficient delivery of projects from concept to completion. This will include ensuring all projects are delivered to a ‘right first-time approach’ ensuring quality management procedures are in place and are adhered to. Your role will include process and best practice development to ensure the Hydrock brand is reinforced through excellent and appropriate work delivery. As the team develops you will become responsible for other members of the MEP team. This is an opportunity to become an integral part of our growing Leeds team and support other offices through the nationwide MEP team. Technical mentorship and inspiration will come from being part of a company-wide network of MEP engineers.
- Project delivery, including overseeing input from others.
- Supporting the timely invoicing and debt chasing, management of WIP and forward workload/resource planning for own projects.
- Attendance at design team, client and site meetings as required.
- Responsible for the design quality and profitable delivery of own projects.
- Demonstrate commercial thinking and client management expertise.
- Timely reporting of project/office financial information to contribute to meeting budget at a team level.
- Project set-up and briefing.
- Co-ordinating and working with others in the MEP division to maintain design quality and consistency across teams.
- Working with other divisions within Hydrock to integrate design and also input to deliver a multi-discipline offering.
- Support the Hydrock ethos including wellbeing, day-off for good causes and 100 Best Companies To Work For.
- Familiar with the strategic plan.
What you need to succeed in this role:
- Relevant qualification(s) at HNC, HND, Bachelors or Masters.
- Proven Senior Electrical Engineer or Electrical Engineer who can lead projects, with a strong track record in the UK on a range of mainstream building services projects.
- Demonstrable experience working with architects in a design-centred role.
- An articulate communicator with well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Sound knowledge of BIM processes, Revit and Amtech.
- Ambitious and dynamic, you enjoy change and variety.
- Positive outlook and self-motivated.
- Someone who believes in our values and wishes to be part of Hydrock and contribute to our success.
- Ideally a Chartered Engineer, an Incorporated Engineer, or working towards full membership with a relevant institution.
How we work
We have now returned to our offices; some of us full-time, though many of us now choose to split our time between working from home and working in the office. If you’re in the office every day you’ll have a designated desk to use. For those who hybrid work our offices are now set up for hot-desking, so you can select and book a desk through our cloud booking system. By offering you more flexibility, our aim is to enable everyone to work in a way that best facilitates productivity, work-life balance and collaboration.
Our Team (MEP)
Our team specialises in the delivery of building services, energy and sustainability services. We deliver M&E engineering design solutions from initial feasibility stages through detailed design and on to construction, handover and post-occupancy.
We offer a fresh approach to M&E, getting involved early, working collaboratively with the design team, highlighting options, guiding design development and using our expertise to help clients make key decisions – an approach that always results in a building that delivers. Our solutions are tailored to the client – with the simplicity of design often key, but with the ability to deliver bespoke highly technical solutions if required.
We work across all sectors, including commercial, industrial, leisure, retail, manufacturing, logistics, heritage, and residential for end-user clients, investors, developers, architects, project managers or engineer-led project teams. This diversity of workstreams, and the fact that all of our team members work across every sector, means we are constantly cross-pollinating ideas. You can check out MEP’s project portfolio here.
Hydrock is a British-owned integrated engineering design, energy, and sustainability consultancy.
Our purpose is to be a force for good. This means we take pride in making a positive contribution to the lives of the people who work for us, the communities we work in, our planet and society as a whole.
At the heart of this, we deliver climate-resilient solutions that create sustainable futures. Our focus is on delivering positive user experiences, societal benefits, and asset value in the built environment sector.
We bring value to our clients by optimising assets, addressing the energy transition, meeting regulatory requirements, and ensuring they achieve their environmental, social and governance (ESG) goals.
The result is places, communities and infrastructure that everyone can be proud of.
At Hydrock, you’ll enjoy working in a great team of circa 850 people with a genuine opportunity to develop and to be recognised and rewarded, and to be inspired by what we do – here’s a taster of the ‘good bits’ of 2021.
What you can expect
Inspired and motivated colleagues. A good team, office and employer. A genuine opportunity to create and to be recognised and rewarded.
The remuneration package will include a competitive salary and employer pension contribution, 25 days annual leave (with the option to buy/sell up to five days), a well-being bonus and a wide variety of flexible benefits. There are also little things like a paid day off for good causes and free fresh fruit in the office.
A career with Hydrock offers you the chance to achieve your potential in a strongly people-focused and values-led business that provides great opportunities for professional and personal development.
A place where we can all thrive
At Hydrock, we value our diversity and place well-being and inclusion for all at the heart of our culture. Offering our people flexibility is an important factor in achieving these aims, so we encourage everyone to talk to us about any ideas which enable you to balance your personal commitments with your responsibilities at work. Please let us know your current and/or desired flexible working arrangements in your cover letter, so we can discuss how this could work for you in this role.
Hydrock is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We consider all applications on an individual’s alignment with the required qualifications, knowledge and experience outlined in this job advert, without regard to any of the protected characteristics. So that we can provide everyone with a fair selection, assessment and employment experience, please make us aware if you have any physical or neurodiverse condition for which appropriate reasonable adjustments can be made by us.
- Once you have completed your application through our careers site, we aim to review and respond to you within one week.
- If shortlisted, a member of our Recruitment Team will call you for an initial pre-screen by phone (typically 30 minutes) to help us assess your motivations and interest in the position and Hydrock.
- If you progress following this telephone pre-screen, you will be invited to attend a formal interview by video conference (Microsoft Teams) or in our offices (if possible and in line with Covid-19 guidelines). Please let us know what you feel comfortable with.
More about us
Our year on film
It’s impossible to note all the many wonderful stories and achievements, when marking the end of another brilliant 365 days, so instead we give you our end of year video – enjoy – we did!Read more
Unlocking healthier buildings for happier people
Natural daylight is fundamental for our sleep quality, mood, productivity and overall mental health – it’s one of the most crucial elements of a building’s design.Read more