Opportunity for a Senior Electrical Engineer or an experienced Electrical Engineer to join our established M&E engineering team in our Bristol office, BS1 4RW (overlooking the harbourside) and become part of our thriving, award winning and highly successful consultancy.
The Team: We are a close-knit team that works collectively towards challenges. We value the input of all members of the team and encourage everyone to bring ideas to the table. Bristol was the first MEP team in Hydrock and most of the original members remain at Hydrock.
We have a diverse portfolio of work, typically delivered alongside a number of our other consultancy services. Recent projects include The Wave, UWE Engineering Building, Passivhaus Schools, NZC Schools, International Data Centres, Bristol Beacon and MoJ work.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day technical delivery of the electrical design services for multidiscipline projects across a number of building sectors. You will also maintain and develop external relationships to ensure that projects are successfully delivered to clients, and the wider team’s satisfaction. The role will include giving presentations and persuading clients to take a responsible approach to sustainability and energy performance.
You will ensure the correct and efficient delivery of projects from concept to completion. This will include ensuring all projects are delivered to a ‘right first time approach’ ensuring quality management procedures are in place and are adhered too. Your role will include process and best practice development to ensure the Hydrock brand is reinforced through excellent and appropriate work delivery. As the team develops you will become responsible for other members of the MEP team. This is an opportunity to become an integral part of our growing Leeds team and support other offices through the nationwide MEP team. Technical mentorship and inspiration will come from being part of a company wide network of MEP engineers.
- Project delivery, including overseeing input from others.
- Supporting the timely invoicing and debt chasing, management of WIP and forward workload/resource planning for own projects.
- Attendance at design team, client and site meetings as required.
- Responsible for the design quality and profitable delivery of own projects.
- Demonstrate commercial thinking and client management expertise.
- Timely reporting of project/office financial information to contribute to meeting budget at team level.
- Project set-up and briefing.
- Co-ordinating and working with others in the MEP division to maintain design quality and consistency across teams.
- Working with other divisions within Hydrock to integrate design and also input to deliver a multi-discipline offering.
- Support the Hydrock ethos including wellbeing, day-off for good causes and 100 Best Companies To Work For.
- Familiar with the strategic plan.
What you need to succeed in this role:
- Relevant qualification(s) at HNC, HND, Bachelors or Masters.
- Proven Senior Electrical Engineer or Electrical Engineer who can lead projects, with a strong track record in the UK on a range of mainstream building services projects.
- Demonstrable experience working with architects in a design centered role.
- An articulate communicator with well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Sound knowledge of BIM processes, Revit and Amtech.
- Ambitious and dynamic, you enjoy change and variety.
- Positive outlook and self-motivated.
- Someone who believes in our values and wishes to be part of Hydrock and contribute to our success.
- Ideally a Chartered Engineer, an Incorporated Engineer, or working towards full membership with a relevant institution.
What's great about Hydrock 'in a nutshell'
We are a British-owned integrated multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy of over 900 staff in 21 offices across the UK. Our driving motivation is to be a ‘Force for Good’, as it is our aim to improve the quality of people’s lives from our employees to our clients, through to the communities we work in and our planet as a whole through the work we do.
From the buildings that surround you, the roads and bridges you cross, all related to the infrastructure that we create, we aim to offer the most sustainable possibilities to shape the places, communities and society that we live in through meeting our client’s needs. Through the path we are on to delivering a green future, the result is something that everyone can be proud of.
Our welcoming and friendly culture is something we are proud of and has gained us recognition with 9 years in the Top 100 Best Companies to Work For list. Check out some of our incredible projects which have been awarded: 2022 Net Zero Award for Bay Technology Centre, Integration and Collaborative Working Award for YGG Tan-y-Lan primary school, The Deaf Academy awarded for its Universal Design at the 2022 Civic Trust Awards and Bristol’s iconic waterfront Wapping Wharf Living making a double win at the Bristol Property Awards! To top off, here’s our 2022 wrap up video!
What we can offer you:
- Inspiring and supportive colleagues
- Reward for progression and hard work
- An opportunity to develop your soft skills, as well your technical skills
- Competitive starting salary
- Excellent health benefits 25 days of holiday (buy/sell up to five days), accrue 1 day extra every 2 years, with bonus holidays too!
- An earlier finish on Friday (4pm!)
- An opportunity to give back: “Day off for good cause” (on a workday)
- A huge range of flexible benefits, including climate perks and an EV car leasing scheme
- Our biggest event of the year: Annual Challenge Day!
A place to feel included
We champion diversity, equity and inclusion. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we commit to supporting our employees and ensure we create a safe environment that nurtures you to perform at your best. Offering our people flexibility is an important factor in achieving this aim.