Opportunity for a Senior Fire Risk Management Consultant to join our thriving Fire Risk Management team in Manchester. This is an opportunity for you to join our successful, fun, highly engaged Fire Safety team in an influential role with lots of opportunity for you to develop and progress in your career.
NB: This role would also suit someone from a building control background looking to transition into Fire Safety.
You will play a key part in supporting our Fire Risk Management business in Manchester, working collaboratively with your multidisciplinary colleagues within and outside the Fire Division to optimise our business development and project delivery activities.
What you will need to succeed in this role:
- A passion for fire risk management, with a focus on end-user experience and safety.
- Experience in conducting all types of Fire Risk Assessments and drafting site survey reports to feedback to clients
- An entrepreneurial and an innovative approach to developing our fire risk management service and client development, positioning us at the forefront of the industry.
- Degree educated in a relevant subject, or significant professional experience and able to demonstrate the knowledge to advise clients in a senior consultant role.
- Strong experience leading projects delivering fire risk management consultancy services to a range of clients in a variety of project sectors in the UK market.
- Ability to lead project teams, mentoring and developing less experienced consultants, working to interpret, shape and meet client’s needs ensuring high quality delivery outcomes and consistently achieve client satisfaction.
- Experience in assessing an external wall systems including the materials, the construction and their fire safety performance
- Ability to work closely and collaboratively with other disciplines, including structural engineering, building services, acoustics, utilities and others involved in each project.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Commitment to ongoing professional development, maintaining current and agile aware of the latest industry developments and an ability to undertake independent learning.
- Time management and organisational skills.
- Full Member of the Institute of Fire Engineers or provide evidence that you are working towards.
We are also keen to know if you can offer any of these non-essential attributes:
- Ideally, but not necessarily, Masters educated in a fire related subject.
- Chartered member of a relevant professional institution.
- Experience in business development, either supporting or leading in identifying and winning work with new clients.
- Demonstrable examples of identifying and implementing innovative solutions in fire risk management in a consultancy environment.
Our Fire Safety team has a earned a reputation for delivering technically excellent work and responsiveness, together with a large team winning new work, has resulted in exceptional growth.
Our Fire Safety Division is represented in all regional capitals within England and Wales as well as Scotland with a large team of colleagues to help win new work. We are in Bristol, Cardiff, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds, London, Newcastle, Birmingham, Manchester, Plymouth and Stoke-on Trent…so far.
From concept to construction, our fire engineering expertise helps to optimise design and ensure complex buildings are compliant with regulations. Our team has extensive experience working on public sector, residential, commercial, industrial and high hazard process construction projects. We deliver a range of engineering services throughout each step of the development process; from site appraisal, through to planning, design and delivery services for all types of projects.
The workload is diverse with many ‘high profile’ regional and national clients.
What's great about Hydrock 'in a nutshell'
We are a British-owned integrated multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy of over 900 staff in 21 offices across the UK. Our driving motivation is to be a ‘Force for Good’, as it is our aim to improve the quality of people’s lives from our employees to our clients, through to the communities we work in and our planet as a whole through the work we do.
From the buildings that surround you, the roads and bridges you cross, all related to the infrastructure that we create, we aim to offer the most sustainable possibilities to shape the places, communities and society that we live in through meeting our client’s needs. Through the path we are on to delivering a green future, the result is something that everyone can be proud of.
Our welcoming and friendly culture is something we are proud of and has gained us recognition with 9 years in the Top 100 Best Companies to Work For list. Check out some of our incredible projects which have been awarded: 2022 Net Zero Award for Bay Technology Centre, Integration and Collaborative Working Award for YGG Tan-y-Lan primary school, The Deaf Academy awarded for its Universal Design at the 2022 Civic Trust Awards and Bristol’s iconic waterfront Wapping Wharf Living making a double win at the Bristol Property Awards! To top off, here’s our 2022 wrap up video!
What we can offer you:
- Inspiring and supportive colleagues
- Reward for progression and hard work
- An opportunity to develop your soft skills, as well your technical skills
- Competitive starting salary
- Excellent health benefits 25 days of holiday (buy/sell up to five days), accrue 1 day extra every 2 years, with bonus holidays too!
- An opportunity to give back: “Day off for good cause” (on a workday)
- A huge range of flexible benefits, including climate perks and an EV car leasing scheme
- Our biggest event of the year: Annual Challenge Day!
A place to feel included
We champion diversity, equity and inclusion. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we commit to supporting our employees and ensure we create a safe environment that nurtures you to perform at your best. Offering our people flexibility is an important factor in achieving this aim.