We have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Geotechnical Engineer, to join our thriving Geo in our Northampton office.
The Team – Geo Team
Geo is a core discipline within Hydrock – its where we come from with both our CEO and COO having a Geo background!
Reporting to the Geo Divisional Director, you will sit on the senior management team within the division. In addition, you will also represent the region at the regional board meetings and support colleagues in multidisciplinary work winning. Your focus will be to develop and deliver your business plan, identify new opportunities and ensure the division is aligned with company objectives and hitting agreed targets. Other responsibilities include:
- Drive profitable and sustainable work-winning within the team and assist them in maintaining up-to-date forecasting, project planning and financial control.
- Support the wider senior management team to develop and implement strategic initiatives within the region and across the wider business.
- Pro-actively develop the Hydrock brand and build relationships (both internally and externally) within the Southeast region through attending conferences, social media and sharing thought pieces.
- Work with practice leads and colleagues to drive business, maintain and improve technical standards and governance procedures; with an emphasis on reducing commercial and H&S risks.
- Be an industry expert. Keep up to date with industry news, innovation, changes and share your knowledge with your team.
- Drive to be market leading, ensuring we are one step ahead of the competition.
You’ll be set up for success if:
We are looking to speak with leaders who have a diverse and expansive knowledge of the UK geo-environmental and geo-technical sector. In addition to your technical capability, you will have proven work winning ability and a desire to develop colleagues and grow your region. Other requirements include:
- Visible and not afraid to be hands on with a strong Geo-technical/Geo-environmental background.
- Strong knowledge of the market and able to make astute decisions that prioritise great outcomes for Hydrock, your team and our clients.
- Great people skills! You must be a true team player, take pride in developing your colleagues and most importantly approach your role with a sense of fun.
What's great about Hydrock 'in a nutshell'
We are a British-owned integrated multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy of over 900 staff in 21 offices across the UK. Our driving motivation is to be a ‘Force for Good’, as it is our aim to improve the quality of people’s lives from our employees to our clients, through to the communities we work in and our planet as a whole through the work we do.
From the buildings that surround you, the roads and bridges you cross, all related to the infrastructure that we create, we aim to offer the most sustainable possibilities to shape the places, communities and society that we live in through meeting our client’s needs. Through the path we are on to delivering a green future, the result is something that everyone can be proud of.
Our welcoming and friendly culture is something we are proud of and has gained us recognition with 9 years in the Top 100 Best Companies to Work For list. Check out some of our incredible projects which have been awarded: 2022 Net Zero Award for Bay Technology Centre, Integration and Collaborative Working Award for YGG Tan-y-Lan primary school, The Deaf Academy awarded for its Universal Design at the 2022 Civic Trust Awards and Bristol’s iconic waterfront Wapping Wharf Living making a double win at the Bristol Property Awards!
What we can offer you:
- Inspiring and supportive colleagues
- Reward for progression and hard work
- An opportunity to develop your soft skills, as well your technical skills
- Competitive starting salary
- Excellent health benefits 25 days of holiday (buy/sell up to five days), accrue 1 day extra every 2 years, with bonus holidays too!
- An earlier finish on Friday (4pm!)
- An opportunity to give back: “Day off for good cause” (on a workday)
- A huge range of flexible benefits, including climate perks and an EV car leasing scheme
- Our biggest event: Challenge Day!
A place to feel included
We champion diversity, equity and inclusion. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we commit to supporting our employees and ensure we create a safe environment that nurtures you to perform at your best. Offering our people flexibility is an important factor in achieving this aim.
We consider all application individually with the required qualifications and knowledge without regard to any of the protected characteristics. We would like to provide everyone with a fair selection, assessment and employment experience so we ask with are made aware of any physical or neurodiverse condition within your application for which appropriate reasonable adjustments can be made by us.
Looking for the next steps?
Once you have completed your application through our careers site, we aim to review and respond to you as soon as your application’s been reviewed.
If shortlisted, a member of our Recruitment Team will call you for an initial pre-screen by phone (typically 30 minutes) to help us assess your motivations and interest in the position and Hydrock.
If you progress following this telephone pre-screen, you will be invited to attend a formal interview by video conference (Microsoft Teams) or in our offices.
For the latest updates and news, connect with us on our LinkedIn page!