We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Senior Structural Engineer to join our highly regarded, award winning Civil & Structural team within our Hydrock Newcastle team.
We offer an excellent people-focused culture, an abundance of engaging projects and a clearly defined progression structure. As well as being part of our national Civil and Structural team (200 employees and growing,) you will have the opportunity to work alongside other successful divisions such as MEP, Nuclear and Smart Energy and Sustainability.
The role will include:
- Delivery of scheme and concept designs.
- Delivery of detailed design including full tender and construction packages.
- Preparation of calculation packages for submission to Building Control
- Attendance at client, design and site meetings.
- Management and development of engineers and technicians.
- Liaison with statutory authorities, architects, the design team and contractors.
- Preparation of fee proposals, input into project bids, ITTs etc.
The attributes we expect you to bring to the role and company:
- MEng or BEng in civil or structural engineering.
- Chartered membership/ Associate membership of the IStructE/ ICE OR working towards Chartership.
- Significant experience in building structures design.
- Self-motivated team player with good people skills.
- Strong communication, analysis, technical design and drawing skills.
- Experience using analysis and design software packages.
- Ability to design through hand calculations.
- Understanding of BIM requirements up to and including Level 2.
- Developing marketing/ business development skills.
- Someone ambitious, who believes in our values and wishes to be part of Hydrock and our success.
What's great about Hydrock 'in a nutshell'
We are a British-owned integrated multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy of over 900 staff in 21 offices across the UK. Our driving motivation is to be a ‘Force for Good’, as it is our aim to improve the quality of people’s lives from our employees to our clients, through to the communities we work in and our planet as a whole through the work we do.
From the buildings that surround you, the roads and bridges you cross, all related to the infrastructure that we create, we aim to offer the most sustainable possibilities to shape the places, communities and society that we live in through meeting our client’s needs. Through the path we are on to delivering a green future, the result is something that everyone can be proud of.
Our welcoming and friendly culture is something we are proud of and has gained us recognition with 9 years in the Top 100 Best Companies to Work For list. Check out some of our incredible projects which have been awarded: 2022 Net Zero Award for Bay Technology Centre, Integration and Collaborative Working Award for YGG Tan-y-Lan primary school, The Deaf Academy awarded for its Universal Design at the 2022 Civic Trust Awards and Bristol’s iconic waterfront Wapping Wharf Living making a double win at the Bristol Property Awards!
What we can offer you:
- Inspiring and supportive colleagues
- Reward for progression and hard work
- An opportunity to develop your soft skills, as well your technical skills
- Competitive starting salary
- Excellent health benefits 25 days of holiday (buy/sell up to five days), accrue 1 day extra every 2 years, with bonus holidays too!
- An earlier finish on Friday (4pm!)
- An opportunity to give back: “Day off for good cause” (on a workday)
- A huge range of flexible benefits, including climate perks and an EV car leasing scheme
- Our biggest event of the year: Annual Challenge Day!
A place to feel included
We champion diversity, equity and inclusion. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we commit to supporting our employees and ensure we create a safe environment that nurtures you to perform at your best. Offering our people flexibility is an important factor in achieving this aim.
We consider all application individually with the required qualifications and knowledge without regard to any of the protected characteristics. We would like to provide everyone with a fair selection, assessment and employment experience so we ask with are made aware of any physical or neurodiverse condition within your application for which appropriate reasonable adjustments can be made by us.
Looking for the next steps?
- Once you have completed your application through our careers site, we aim to review and respond to you as soon as your application’s been reviewed.
- If shortlisted, a member of our Recruitment Team will call you for an initial pre-screen by phone (typically 30 minutes) to help us assess your motivations and interest in the position and Hydrock.
- If you progress following this telephone pre-screen, you will be invited to attend a formal interview by video conference (Microsoft Teams) or in our offices.
For the latest updates and news, connect with us on our LinkedIn page!