Smart Energy and Sustainability
This is an outstanding opportunity to join our highly influential Smart Energy and Sustainability team.
Right now, we’re looking for an enthusiastic Senior or Principal Social Value Consultant to join our team in our Bristol office.
You’ll be part of our collaborative and growing team across the UK and will help with the development and delivery of a pipeline of exciting and complex projects.
We have a true enthusiasm for what we do. If you do too, we’d love to hear from you.
So, what will you be responsible for?
As a Social Value Consultant, within our ESG and Advisory Team, you will play a pivotal role in developing and implementing strategies to enhance social and environmental impact. This role requires a combination of strategic thinking, project management, and a deep understanding of social responsibility.
Your key responsibilities will be to provide support in the following areas (list not exhaustive):
- Develop corporate Social Value strategies
- Work closely with clients to understand their social value needs and align these to existing frameworks such as UN Sustainable Development Goals; UN Global Compact; PPN06/20 themes.
- Prepare and design workshops, presentations, reports, surveys and more.
- Support Social Value implementation plans including:
- Becoming embedded in a client’s day to day practises.
- Chairing working groups
- Establishing charity/community/educational partnerships
- Engage with clients and stakeholders including community organizations, NGOs, and government bodies.
- Support the development, benchmarking, implementation and review of appropriate SV objectives, targets, KPIs, and improvement plans.
- Support business case development of Social Value commercial strategy for SES Division
- Identify and prioritize key social issues and opportunities for positive change.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to integrate social value considerations into business decisions.
To succeed in this role, you’ll need:
- Relevant experience in corporate, real estate, engineering and/or sustainability industry
- Proven experience in a similar role, with a track record of successfully implementing social impact strategies.
- A passion for true holistic sustainability
- Ability to work closely and collaboratively with other disciplines / sectors
- A collaborative, enthusiastic and forward-thinking approach
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to undertake independent learning
- Time management and organisational skills
We are also keen to know if you can offer any of these attributes:
- A detailed understanding of PPN06/20 and social value measuring tools
- Experience of working with stakeholders / C-Suite to develop social value policy, frameworks and environmental standards
- Working knowledge of existing ESG and industry sustainability benchmarking tools including GRESB, CRREM, GRI, SASB, TCFD etc
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Knowledge of or technical ability in sustainability / energy / renewables / built environment / environmental science related disciplines
- An ability to apply analytical skills across a range of scales
- Experience in presenting analytical information in a clear and concise manner
If you don't meet all the criteria but are still keen on the role, we'd still love to hear from you! We are passionate about growing a diverse team with a range of skills. You may have the skills we have forgotten to include!
Sounds good? This is Smart Energy & Sustainability
So, what are we about?
This is the elevator pitch. We’re helping clients to unlock cheaper, cleaner and more reliable energy and maximise the potential economic and environmental value of their projects, whilst delivering on wider environmental and sustainability principles. Alternatively, here’s the You Tube pitch.
Our work includes:
- ESG strategy – development, benchmarking, implementation and monitoring
- Net-zero carbon studies and roadmaps at project and master planning levels
- Planning application support documents including sustainability / energy strategy and environmental assessments
- Climate change and adaptation studies
- Life-Cycle Carbon and Cost Analyses (LCCA)
- Renewable energy development and consultancy
- Carbon management verification
We’re passionate about our subject matter and shaping the UK’s response to the climate emergency – here’s our Divisional Director, Josh Bullard talking about the subject matter in summer 2020.
Our team is a unique blend of engineers and consultants and this means we can deliver a wide range of project inputs for our clients from the earliest inception stages and onwards.
Most importantly, you’ll find us a lively, good-spirited team, excited about what we’re doing and enjoying each other’s company, and we’ll be sure to give you a warm welcome too.
What you need to know about Hydrock in less than 125 words!
As a challenger brand, Hydrock is making waves across the energy, sustainability and engineering consultancy marketplace.
Our reputation as a people-focused business is established with our regular placement in the Sunday Times 100 Best Companies To Work For listings. Our growth across the UK is also evidenced from winning national awards for our best projects – 2020 Business Green Awards, Green Building Project of the Year for The Wave and 2019 British Construction Industry Award for the UK Hydrographic Office HQ.
At Hydrock, you’ll enjoy working in a great team of over 600 people with a genuine opportunity to develop and to be recognised and rewarded, and to be inspired by what we do – here’s a taster of the ‘good bits’ of 2021.
A place to thrive
A career with Hydrock offers you the chance to achieve your potential in a strongly people-focused and values-led business that provides great opportunities for professional and personal development.
The remuneration package will include a competitive salary and employer pension contribution, 25 days annual leave (with the option to buy/sell up to five days), healthy living bonus, well-being bonus and a wide variety of flexible benefits. There are also little things like a paid day off for good causes and free fresh fruit in every office.
At Hydrock we value our diversity and place wellbeing and inclusion for all at the heart of our culture. Offering our people flexibility is an important factor in achieving these aims, so we encourage everyone to talk to us about any ideas which enable you to balance your personal commitments with your responsibilities at work. Please let us know your current and/or desired flexible working arrangements in your covering letter, so we can discuss how this could work for you in this role.
Hydrock is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We consider all applications on an individual’s alignment with the required qualifications, knowledge and experience outlined in this job advert, without regard to any of the protected characteristics. So that we can provide everyone with a fair selection, assessment and employment experience, please make us aware if you have any physical or neurodiverse condition for which appropriate reasonable adjustments can be made by us.
Once you have completed your application through our careers site, we aim to review and respond to you within two weeks.
If shortlisted, a member of our Recruitment Team will call you for an initial pre-screen by phone (typically 30 minutes) to help us assess your motivations and interest in the position and Hydrock.
If you progress following this telephone pre-screen, you will be invited to attend a formal interview by video conference (Microsoft Teams) or in our offices (if possible and in line with Covid-19 guidelines). Please let us know what you feel comfortable with.