We have an excellent opportunity for a Strategic Business Partner to work alongside and support the Regional Director in developing, managing, and delivering upon the business plan & strategic objectives for the Bristol & South region. This is done in conjunction with delivery and central specialists ensuring that there is a cohesive approach to the advancement of Hydrock's positioning in the market.
As an inclusive employer we are open to flexible working arrangements to suit personal circumstances. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
Contribute to the development of the business
- Support Steering Groups and Project Teams
- Advise the Regional Director on local and group areas for development
- Mentor future talent, through early careers and Horizon Board
- Communication with divisional leads
Drive a positive and progressive culture
- Encourage and enable multidiscipline working
- Support internal regional communication plans
- Infuse a positive team dynamic and social infrastructure
- Focus on DEI
- Advocate for Social Value - manage DOFGC
- Support up-skilling of external facing staff/brand ambassadors
Support development and implementation of the Regional Business Plan
- Liaise with the divisions, and collate the individual business plans into the Regional Strategic Regional plan in collaboration with the Regional Director
- Support the setting of regional KPIs
- Help collate & analyse numbers against KPIs
- Manage business planning meetings with Gloucester, OCB and Merchants House offices
- Report back to the Regional Director on teams which are not meeting KPIs and /or skills shortages. Offer suggestions and observations to the Regional Director on causes & solutions.
- Support teams with key client relationships
Support sales activities in the region
- Coordinate, minute, and drive actions from: BD Meetings / SIG meetings / Regional Board meetings
- Collate and manage key client lists and teams
- Support the RD in identifying key frameworks and sectors to target
- Coordinate Hydrock input for flagship and must-win bids
- Support raising the profile of the Regional Director
- Continue to develop your own brand and industry network
Work with marketing to enhance and embed the Hydrock brand
- Establish and manage a regional events program
- Represent Hydrock on local committees and public engagement
- Position Hydrock for awards
- Identify future partners and allies, and create a relationship plan
- Input into client listening programme
Coordinate multidisciplinary bids and proposals
- Identify key multidisciplinary opportunities and ensure maximise reach for all divisions
- Fully understand each opportunity and quickly clarify Hydrock position for the bid
- Coordinate and complete single client document for all teams to input into with T&Cs etc.
- Build social value and Force for Good into each proposal
You'll be set up for success if you:
- are passionate about Bristol and the South West
- are motivated, energetic, and willing to learn
- are capable of big-picture thinking
- feel aligned to our values
- are excited about making the role your own
- have experience of bids, marketing, business development in the built environment... though not essential!
- are passionate about social value and sustainability
- are open to embracing new technology and digital solutions
- are happy to take charge when needed
- are comfortable working in a small team
- are a confident networker
What's great about Hydrock 'in a nutshell'
We are a British-owned integrated multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy of over 900 staff in 21 offices across the UK. Our driving motivation is to be a ‘Force for Good’, as it is our aim to improve the quality of people’s lives from our employees to our clients, through to the communities we work in and our planet as a whole through the work we do.
From the buildings that surround you, the roads and bridges you cross, all related to the infrastructure that we create, we aim to offer the most sustainable possibilities to shape the places, communities and society that we live in through meeting our client’s needs. Through the path we are on to delivering a green future, the result is something that everyone can be proud of.
Our welcoming and friendly culture is something we are proud of and has gained us recognition with 9 years in the Top 100 Best Companies to Work For list. Check out some of our incredible projects which have been awarded: 2022 Net Zero Award for Bay Technology Centre, Integration and Collaborative Working Award for YGG Tan-y-Lan primary school, The Deaf Academy awarded for its Universal Design at the 2022 Civic Trust Awards and Bristol’s iconic waterfront Wapping Wharf Living making a double win at the Bristol Property Awards!
What we can offer you:
- Inspiring and supportive colleagues
- Reward for progression and hard work
- An opportunity to develop your soft skills, as well your technical skills
- Competitive starting salary
- Excellent health benefits 25 days of holiday (buy/sell up to five days), accrue 1 day extra every 2 years, with bonus holidays too!
- An earlier finish on Friday (4pm!)
- An opportunity to give back: “Day off for good cause” (on a workday)
- A huge range of flexible benefits, including climate perks and an EV car leasing scheme
- Our biggest event of the year: Annual Challenge Day!
A place to feel included
We champion diversity, equity and inclusion. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we commit to supporting our employees and ensure we create a safe environment that nurtures you to perform at your best. Offering our people flexibility is an important factor in achieving this aim.
We consider all application individually with the required qualifications and knowledge without regard to any of the protected characteristics. We would like to provide everyone with a fair selection, assessment and employment experience so we ask with are made aware of any physical or neurodiverse condition within your application for which appropriate reasonable adjustments can be made by us.
Looking for the next steps?
Once you have completed your application through our careers site, we aim to review and respond to you as soon as your application’s been reviewed.
If shortlisted, a member of our Recruitment Team will call you for an initial pre-screen by phone (typically 30 minutes) to help us assess your motivations and interest in the position and Hydrock.
If you progress following this telephone pre-screen, you will be invited to attend a formal interview by video conference (Microsoft Teams) or in our offices.
For the latest updates and news, connect with us on our LinkedIn page!