For this role:
- You will need to be eligible to work in the UK indefinitely, without sponsorship.
- You will need to submit a CV.
- Hours: Part time 20–25 hours preferably Mon-Fri but flexible.
- Location: Fully office based or hybrid working available
We have an exciting opportunity to join our 30 person Bristol MEP team as a Part-time Team Administrator in our central Bristol office. The main purpose of the role is to provide administration support to our Bristol MEP engineers and liaise with other teams in the office as well as playing a pivotal role in supporting our Senior Leadership team with all operational aspects of the team and project management. Organised and support focused with a keen financial eye to aid colleagues and the business to make a significant difference to the office, our region and our clients.
What will you be responsible for?
- Promptly responding to all redirected calls and messages from reception. Direction of enquiries and managing issues for the MEP Team;
- Support the user-experience of the MEP team and visitors to the office.
- Ensure the MEP team members adhere to direction from the office managers about upkeep and tidiness of the office facilities;
- Manage any team post, including signing for deliveries, logging and distribution; plus, outgoing post and courier arrangements;
- Ensure the smooth running of administration procedures and office facilities – printers, maintenance work, IT - Liaise with internal and external IT for any particular issues;
- Assist the Senior Leadership team with diary management, assist with organising client/staff meetings, booking meeting rooms and catering as required.
- Assistance with marketing/business development events, liaising with the Marketing Team to ensure a smooth running of these events;
- Ensure that the team is managed in line with Hydrock strategy; and fully compliant with all Health and Safety and QA inspections for ISO accreditation;
- Conduct welcome inductions for all new starters and contractors. Assist with the onboarding process and experience for all new joiners, ensuring everyone has an excellent experience from their first day;
- Communication with the MEP Team to support functionality;
- Assist in Organising events for the team and the wider office (including: Christmas Party, monthly foodie or lunch and learn events, day off for good causes, internal workshop talks, and Hydrock Challenge Day travel.);
- Attend and minute any operational team meetings.
- Raising purchase orders in relation to equipment procurement, buffet requirements for client meetings/CPD's and internal events. and liaison with Finance team;
- Updating project data on our financial systems Hubspot and Rapport, ensuring accurate and complete information is uploaded for new and existing clients;
- Support of work experience and summer placement liaising with HR / Early careers team.
What skills and attributes are we looking for?
- Competent use of Microsoft Office Packages;
- Attention to detail;
- Excellent verbal communications and interpersonal skills;
- Strong administrative and organisational skills;
- Effective operating on multiple tasks under pressure;
- Good sense of humour; well-mannered and self-motivated and able to motivate others.
It would be particularly desirable if you have experience with:
- Additional IT skills
- Previous experience in the booking of hospitality/events;
- Understanding of financial administration, raising purchase orders/invoicing an advantage but training available
- Experience of Purchase Order Processing and use of a financial/project management system;
- Academic qualification and background appropriate for administrative management role;
- Knowledge of working in a busy technical/engineering/professional environment.
What's great about Hydrock 'in a nutshell'?
We are a British-owned integrated multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy of over 900 staff in 21 offices across the UK. Our driving motivation is to be a ‘Force for Good’, as it is our aim to improve the quality of people’s lives from our employees to our clients, through to the communities we work in and our planet as a whole through the work we do.
From the buildings that surround you, the roads and bridges you cross, all related to the infrastructure that we create, we aim to offer the most sustainable possibilities to shape the places, communities and society that we live in through meeting our client’s needs. Through the path we are on to delivering a green future, the result is something that everyone can be proud of.
Our welcoming and friendly culture is something we are proud of and is supported 9 years in the Top 100 Best Companies to Work For list. Check out some of our incredible projects which have been awarded: 2022 Net Zero Award for Bay Technology Centre, the Integration and Collaborative Working Award for YGG Tan-y-Lan primary school, The Deaf Academy awarded for its Universal Design at the 2022 Civic Trust Awards and Bristol’s iconic waterfront Wapping Wharf Living making a double win at the Bristol Property Awards!
What we can offer you:
- Inspiring and supportive colleagues
- Reward for progression and hard work
- An opportunity to develop your soft skills, as well your technical skills
- Competitive starting salary
- Excellent health benefits
- 25 days of holiday (buy/sell up to five days), accrue 1 day extra every 2 years, with bonus holidays too!
- An earlier finish on Friday (4pm!)
- An opportunity to give back: “Day off for good cause” (on a workday)
- A huge range of flexible benefits, including climate perks and an EV car leasing scheme
A place to feel included
We champion diversity, equity, and inclusion. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we commit to supporting our employees and ensure we create a safe environment that nurtures you to perform at your best. Offering our people flexibility is an important factor in achieving this aim.
We consider all application individually with the required qualifications and knowledge without regard to any of the protected characteristics. We would like to provide everyone with a fair selection, assessment and employment experience so we ask with are made aware of any physical or neurodiverse condition within your application for which appropriate reasonable adjustments can be made by us.
Looking for the next steps?
- Once you have completed your application through our careers site, we aim to review and respond to you as soon as your application’s been reviewed.
- If shortlisted, a member of our Recruitment Team will call you for an initial pre-screen by phone (typically 30 minutes) to help us assess your motivations and interest in the position and Hydrock.
- If you progress following this telephone pre-screen, you will be invited to attend a formal interview by video conference (Microsoft Teams) or in our offices.
For the latest updates and news, connect with us on our LinkedIn page!