Refreshing Halifax town centre as a destination
Revitalising the high street, we acted as MEP consultant for the £32m mixed-use redevelopment of Broad Street Plaza in Halifax, Yorkshire.
Developed in collaboration with Calderdale Council, Broad Street Plaza has helped to revitalise Halifax town centre. It's one of the biggest mixed-use leisure schemes completed in northern England in the first two decades of the 21st century.
The 2,600 sq. m development includes a nine-screen Vue cinema, a 100-bed Premier Inn, Pure Gym, a 429-space multi-storey car park let to APCOA, a range of restaurants, office space for Calderdale Borough Council and an NHS drop-in centre.
On this complex site, we acted as MEP consultants for the whole development and BREEAM assessor for the NHS unit, alongside architectural practice, The Harris Partnership.
Our work included:
- Services strategy for all units
- Liaison with prospective and confirmed tenants to incorporate their MEP requirements
- Determining loads for site-wide gas, water and power infrastructure, and negotiations with utility companies
- A site-wide energy strategy to satisfy the local authority’s renewable energy conditions
- Production of a performance specification and design intent drawings for the MEP Employer’s Requirements
- Review and agreement of the contractor’s detailed design proposals
- Construction stage MEP project monitoring
- Witnessing, snagging and de-snagging
- Design stage and as-built stage SBEM calculations and production of EPCs upon completion