Developed in collaboration with Calderdale Council, Broad Street Plaza is one of the biggest mixed-use leisure schemes completed in northern England in the last decade, helping regenerate Halifax town centre.
The 280,000 sq ft development includes a 9-screen Vue cinema, a 100-bed Premier Inn, Pure Gym, a 429-space multi-storey car park let to APCOA, a range of restaurants, office space for Calderdale Borough Council and an NHS drop-in centre.
On this complex site, our specialist Hydrock MRB team acted as M&E consultants for the whole development and BREEAM assessor for the NHS unit, alongside architectural practice, The Harris Partnership.
Our work included:
- Services strategy for all units
- Liaison with prospective and confirmed tenants to incorporate their M&E requirements
- Determining loads for site-wide gas, water and power infrastructure, and negotiations with utility companies
- A site-wide energy strategy to satisfy the local authority’s renewable energy conditions
- Production of a performance specification and design intent drawings for the M&E Employer’s Requirements
- Review and agreement of the contractor’s detailed design proposals
- Construction stage M&E project monitoring
- Witnessing, snagging and de-snagging
- Design stage and as-built stage SBEM calculations and production of EPC’s upon completion
Hydrock MRB is a specialist MEP, energy and sustainability team within Hydrock following the acquisition of MRB Consulting Engineers by Hydrock in October 2019.