Our work in the commercial sector includes:
- High-profile new office developments
- Hi-tech facilities that include a significant amount of corporate office space
- Refurbishment of heritage buildings and dated stock to regenerate their commercial viability
- Commercial space within mixed-use developments
- Training facilities
- Office space as part of specialist facilities for the emergency services, the defence sector and prisons.
We work with developers, architects, contractors and end users. Through delivering a full multi-disciplinary engineering service we understand the role engineering plays in defining and creating value in commercial property.
Our engagement starts early with a feasibility study that focuses on the key issues to determine the viability of a site: access, flood risk and land quality. We then take a development through pre-planning design, planning approval, detailed design and on to construction.
Our involvement in the development of commercial space includes foundation design, on-site and off-site highways access, all supporting civils and infrastructure, for example associated car parking, the structural engineering design of the building, travel plans, and the building performance through M&E services, energy usage, acoustics and fire engineering.
All our work is delivered to a minimum of BIM Level 2 and we also actively support our clients in their ambition to secure appropriate BREEAM accreditations.
Ultimately, we focus on optimising the value, potential and the whole-life performance of commercial buildings, creating spaces that inspire, are enjoyed by their users, promote the health and well-being of their users and are fully sustainable.