Our specialist team has built a deep understanding of the needs of the rapidly evolving logistics and distribution sector over a considerable period of time. Their total understanding of the very specific requirements of the end users and the timescales which must be adhered to means that we are a trusted partner for all the leading developers and design and build contractors.
Serving ever-increasing regional populations, and with the non-stop growth of online retail, the specific location of distribution parks and the precise design of logistics facilities is critical. Efficiency of access, efficiency of space and operational efficiency are all key factors addressed by our engineering design.
At Hydrock, we deliver complete multi-disciplinary engineering solutions to our clients in this sector, including:
- Feasibility studies and due diligence to determine the suitability of a site – access and land quality will be key
- Geo-environmental and geotechnical investigations to determine if the site will be appropriate for large warehouse development and the requirements of foundations, earthworks and ground improvements
- Planning applications, including liaison with local authority planners, highways and drainage authorities and the Environment Agency
- Flood risk assessments
- Transport assessments and travel plans
- Topographical surveys, site investigations and drainage surveys to better understand the site
- On-site infrastructure strategy, including drainage, highways and earthworks
- Design of appropriate on-site and off-site highways requirements
- Structural engineering design of superstructures, taking account of the very specific design needs of a large span logistics and distribution facility
- Building services and M&E design.
All our engineering design work is delivered to a minimum of BIM Level 2 and in addition we actively support our clients, where appropriate, in their ambition to secure BREEAM accreditations.
At Hydrock, we are proud to be involved with the development of sites and specific facilities at key hubs such as Magna Park in Milton Keynes, G Park in Swindon, Rugby Gateway and G Park in Doncaster, and we have designed facilities now used by leading retailers such as Asda, B&Q, John Lewis and H&M.