This level of intellect and experience enables us to understand the regulatory intent and as such provide alternative solutions to fire safety which are ‘as safe or safer’ and acceptable to the approving authorities.
With this knowledge, we deliver pragmatic and robust fire safety strategies which describe the fire safety issues within buildings and how they will be addressed.
Our team includes chartered engineers, colleagues with PhD’s gained in fire engineering research, and former Fire Service personnel.
Our team’s experience covers all types of building structures, across many sectors and on some of the largest construction projects in the UK. This knowledge and experience ensures that the fire safety solutions we develop have credibility and are trusted by the approving authorities.
As part of the design team, we will deliver the fire engineering design that delivers regulatory approval and achieves the architectural objective whilst providing an efficient solution that is not ‘over-engineered’.
Our services include:
- Fire engineering design and analysis up to RIBA Stage 5
- Fire strategy development
- Means of escape design and analysis
- Evacuation analysis and pedestrian flow modelling
- Structural fire protection design and analysis
- Fire impact analysis
- External fire spread analysis
- Smoke control design and analysis
- Computational fluid dynamic analysis
- Design and specification of fire protection systems
- Construction phase consultation service
- Third party peer review
Our people and our clients
In addition, our team includes Dr Bernice Wong, based in London, and Dr Shuyuan Lin, based in Glasgow.
Bernice has a PhD in Structural Fire Engineering and her career highlights include advising on Axis Square in Birmingham and the Howard of Effingham School campus in Leatherhead. Shuyuan has a PhD from Brunel University in Structural Fire Engineering and as well as the built environment has experience in the complex oil and gas sector. Using finite element software, she is experienced in the utilisation of modelling software that allows us to understand and minimise the impacts from structural fire collapse.
Our recent work includes:
- Advising on the construction of tall buildings
- The conversion of a former retail department store into apartments and offices
- Advising a leading global manufacturer on its new and existing buildings portfolio in the UK
- The design of a new maintenance facility for a global business jet manufacturer
- The design of a new faculty building for a leading university
- Advising on a portfolio of new build projects for many of the UK’s leading construction firms
- Advising on new regional NHS facilities
- The development of multiple new school buildings across the UK
Our fire engineering design team has extensive experience across all sectors including, private and public residential, commercial, health, education, aviation and historic buildings.