We will assess the effectiveness of your fire risk management strategy within individual buildings or large estates and recommend areas for improvement.
Assessing to the PAS 7 standards, we will deliver a gap analysis that reflects the specific use of each building and identifies whether it is safe and what proactive and retrospective fire risk management strategies are required.
We also work with developers and contractors during construction to assess on-site fire safety procedures during phased construction.
Our services include:
- Multi-site surveys during the life time of buildings, assessing issues such as compartmentation, facades and means of escape
- As-built fire strategy – assessing whether the fire strategy meets the original specification prior to occupation
- Advise and support on fire engineering design from RIBA stages 5 to 7
- Construction Design Management fire risk assessments
- Phased construction risk assessments
- Policy and organisation-wide fire risk management strategy and systems
Our people and our clients
Our team is led by Joe Taylor, and includes James Grew an IFE registered fire risk assessor in Manchester and London-based Dr Kimon Pantelides who has recently completed a PhD assessing how fire services in southern Europe can deliver an appropriate service to their communities during times of financial crisis.
Our fire risk management team has recently assessed a multi-site portfolio for a city council in the Midlands which includes assets such as civic centres, courts, leisure centres and libraries, and undertaken UK-wide fire risk assessments on behalf of the Oil Pipelines Agency. They have also conducted assessments in the media and higher education sectors and are acting for Kier on a 200-bed hotel development in the south-west as well as providing support to Lendlease and CBRE on a large number of their building portfolios.