Carbon Advisory Services
Data-driven, evidence-based strategies will help eliminate carbon at both an organisational level and across investment portfolios.
Organisations from all walks of life have made commitments to be net zero. Making it happen is where we step forward.
In short, we help you to understand your baseline carbon emissions; how to become net zero; and how to realise both commercial and reputational value. We don’t just write a report and leave it with you. Our strength is helping you to implement it.
Our data-driven approach to carbon accounting will measure your greenhouse gas emissions. We quantify the climate impact of organisations, real estate investment portfolios, and even simply an individual built asset. We use our forensic analysis to direct efforts that deliver the greatest return for you.
A net zero strategy will help you prioritise. It will set your goals and shape where you need to focus. From decarbonising your buildings or organisational processes, to adapting to climate change, to investing in energy resilience, to supporting a just transition.
We provide a comprehensive greenhouse gas reporting and consultancy service for organisations, assessing Scope 1, 2 and 3 emissions.
With procurement often accounting for over 50% of emissions, understanding and managing Scope 3 emissions, including developing a sustainable procurement policy, is of fundamental importance. We will help you set up a supplier/stakeholder engagement programme based on shared purpose.
We will align your overall net zero approach to established standards such as the Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi). This will help to structure your approach and provide a framework through which you can report and track your progress.
Features and benefits of our service include:
- Organisational and portfolio-wide net zero strategies
- Scope 1, 2 and 3 greenhouse gas reporting
- Data-led analysis of energy performance
- Advice on green finance
- Support to access available funds and grants to improve performance
- Support with climate-related reporting requirements such as TCFD
- Verification against recognised industry standards like SBTi
- Product and process innovation
How our approach will help you
Our carbon advisory service includes a simple three-step approach to understand and manage emissions to help you reach net zero:
- Agree your goals, from decarbonisation to securing more ethically-focused funding
- Establish your baseline emissions and climate impact through Scope 1, 2 and 3 assessments
- Assess your properties, conduct energy efficiency studies, identify stranded assets and review your future plans
- Talk to your stakeholders and understand where behavioural change is required in your organisation, supply chain, and use of real estate
- Set realistic timeframes to become net zero that reflect your business strategy and any likely M&A activity and property refurbishments
- Deliver fully-costed recommendations with milestones that help you understand the investment required, the savings, and the potential for income generation
- Provide costed proposals for investing in alternative sources of power to reduce emissions and ensure resilience of supply
- Research, recommend and support grant applications for funding or access to green finance to invest in low-carbon technologies and solutions
- Establish supplier/stakeholder engagement programmes to support upstream commitments to decarbonise as part of your Scope 3, indirect emissions
- Promote education and awareness of your roadmap to net zero, and celebrate your milestones and achievements with staff, suppliers and investors
- Engage your supply chain with support and education that results in reducing Scope 3 emissions
- Ensure your carbon management complies with regulations such as the Streamlined Energy and Carbon Reporting (SECR) scheme
- Verify your carbon-related commitments and disclosures through schemes such as the Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi), and with carbon verification requirements against the established industry standards, such as PAS 2060 and PAS 2080:2023
- Demonstrate your environmental, social and governance (ESG) credentials to your investors and funders