We solve environmental management issues for our clients at all stages of the development lifecycle. In particular we advise in the following areas:
Environmental planning and impact assessments
Our consultants provide commercially-focused environmental impact assessment services in sectors such as land development, energy, utilities and infrastructure. We also work with trusted partners in specialist areas.
Our services include:
- Pre-planning site analysis
- Environmental impact assessment (EIA) – input to both screening and scoping reports
- Specialist team assembly from our network of trusted partners including planning consultants and other specialists
- EIA project management and coordination
- Stakeholder engagement
- Environmental statement and report production
- Waste and construction environmental management plans.
Environmental statement and report production
Environmental Statement and report production including provision of the following chapters:
- Geology, hydrogeology, soils and contamination
- Flood risk, drainage and hydrology
- Air quality
- Highways, traffic and transportation
- Waste management
- Energy, sustainability and utilities.
Our environmental consultants work with ecology specialists to assess, interpret and identify all ecological issues, constraints and opportunities to ensure legal compliance. This helps to avoid costly delays during planning and construction.
Our technical expertise, pragmatic approach and flair for innovative solutions helps clients to balance the importance of wildlife conservation with development progress. We provide support with:
- Ecological surveys and impact assessments of developments
- Advice on legally protected species
- Design of mitigation measures and infrastructure, habitat creation and translocation, biodiversity offsetting, protected species works and habitat management
- On-site construction support.
Environmental permitting and regulatory compliance
We support our clients with advice and management to navigate the complex requirements for permit and licence agreements to undertake different activities on site and deal with waste. Our services include:
- Applications and variations
- Technical support, including risk appraisals and best available technique assessments
- Regulatory and stakeholder negotiation
- Permit compliance, including measurement, inspection, auditing and reporting
- Permit improvements, including management systems
- Permit surrender and closure plans.
With teams specialising in the delivery of site investigations, geotechnical studies and remediation design, we have a strong appreciation of the regulatory issues critical to managing remediation, restoration and redevelopment of sites.
Developing pragmatic, sustainable and risk-averse programmes for our clients helps to secure the appropriate permits and planning approvals so work can progress and conclude.
Read about our environmental projects below or contact us today to find out how we can help your business.