Our fire safety business is led by Kevin McKeown, Divisional Director, and comprises four specialist teams:
- Fire engineering
- Fire risk management
- External wall fire review process
- Nuclear and industrial fire safety
Each of our teams has extensive experience working both nationally and internationally, and include specialists who will:
- Develop robust and pragmatic fire safety strategies across many types of structures and sectors
- Deliver fire engineering design solutions for new, refurbished or existing buildings
- Conduct fire risk assessments across multi-site property portfolios
- Conduct external wall fire review assessments and complete Form EWS 1
- Advise on the fire risk in high hazard sectors such as the nuclear industry
At Hydrock, our fire safety team will help you cut through the regulatory complexity to ensure the optimal fire safety solutions are achieved during pre-construction and on completed or existing buildings.
We recognise the importance of accommodating the architectural and functional objectives in building design. Our approach is to work with design teams, facility managers and all other stakeholders to ensure fire safety and fire compliance are uppermost – all whilst delivering the best possible value.
Latest advice for building owners
We recommend that all our clients and relevant stakeholders review the recent guidance, Advice for Building Owners of Multi-storey, Multi-occupied Residential Buildings, which was issued by the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government on 20 January 2020. This document provides important information on the use of materials on external walls and balconies as well as the design, integrity and installation of smoke control systems and fire doors. To discuss any aspect relating to this guidance, please contact a member of our fire engineering team at Hydrock, listed below.
Read more about our specific areas of expertise below or contact us today to find out how we can help your business.