At any one time, our specialist teams are working on schemes ranging from large residential developments to major power generating facilities. The needs are very different and the skills we bring reflect the breadth and diversity of our team.
We are focused on delivering best value appraisals on sites to offer commercially viable solutions, but also to address planning requirements and user needs. It’s a fine balance and reflects our experience in successfully engaging all stakeholders and interested parties, and working collaboratively with regulatory authorities.
To inform critical decisions on infrastructure design, our delivery to you will embrace the specialist skills of our experts in the following areas:
- Flood risk
- Highways and transportation
- Land quality
- Structural engineering.
When every aspect of a site offers its users a practical and pleasurable experience, you know that the almost unseen infrastructure and civil engineering design that goes into site completion is working seamlessly together.
Read more about our specific areas of expertise below or contact us today to find out how we can help your business.
Pre-acquisition due diligence
Our early involvement in development schemes enables us to offer clients a comprehensive due diligence appraisal that identifies potential design constraints ahead of site acquisition.
Issues can range from complex access to highways that impact on a commercial or retail site earmarked for significant vehicular movement to severe site gradients that might render a proposed residential development unviable both in terms of providing consistency in house design and cost to regrade/level the site.
It’s this contribution to pre-planning work that ensures the right commercial decisions are made and that the master planning strategy is defined and developed appropriately.
From drainage to highways to utilities
Through all stages of the development cycle our team will advise you on a range of essential infrastructure and civil engineering issues, including:
- Flood risk assessments and flood mitigation strategies
- Foul and surface water drainage strategy development and design including attenuation and pollution control proposals
- Advice on sustainable urban drainage techniques and incorporation of treatment components
- On-site and off-site highways designs, including junction alterations, highway improvement works and pavement construction
- Input into Section 104, 278 and 38 legal agreements, sewer requisitions and diversions, flood defence consents and Approval in Principle (AIP)
- Cut and fill analysis
- Assessing finished floor levels and external works
- Design of retaining walls and slope stabilisation
- Utility assessments, and negotiations and approvals relating to connections and protection / re-routing options
For developers and landowners we conduct utility assessments on sites at feasibility and pre-planning stages of development. During site due diligence stage we also undertake utility strategy studies, advising on the capacity of the existing utility network, potential upgrades that may be necessary, seek supply quotations and provide proposed site servicing plans.
From planning to construction
We support clients through planning and detailed engineering design by contributing and leading on aspects of key statements to demonstrate that a site is viable, sustainable and will bring benefit in its particular area of use.
We often novate to the contractor following a successful planning application to act as engineering consultant on design and build schemes and ensure that all appropriate design measures are taken.
We are also adept at seeking approval for Reserved Matters associated with an Outline Approval.