Who we are
Confident. Decisive. United by a shared purpose. To be a force for good.
Locations UK and internationally
Consecutive years in 100 Best Companies listings
Addressing global challenges through smart engineering solutions
As engineering, energy and sustainability consultants, our innovation is creating a sustainable future. At the heart of this are positive user experiences, societal benefits, and asset value for real estate owners and investors.
Our people – here for you
Our culture is what makes us unique. It attracts people who align with our values and share our goal to have a positive impact on our projects, people, planet, community and our operations.
We are ambitious and we keep our promises
We create a genuine, fun atmosphere in our work and a place where people can express themselves.
We believe in the strength of diversity and inclusivity in our workforce.
We are ambitious and we keep our promises.
We are committed to giving something back.
We respect each other and work for a common goal.
We create an environment where our people can thrive.
We believe our families come first.
When challenges arise, we step forwards, not backwards.
We want our staff to take pride in and ownership of the work they do.
We continually seek to improve our governance and sustainability.
Our pledges and commitments
- Committed to be a net-zero business by 2030, with a published ‘roadmap’
- Signed up to the Science Based Targets Initiative (SBTi)
- Member of Business in the Community (BITC)
- Member of the UK Green Building Council (UKGBC)
- Member of the Environmental Industries Commission (EIC)
- Member of the Nuclear Industry Association (NIA)
- BAFE SP205 Gold Standard accreditation for Life Safety Fire Risk Assessment
- Members of Women in Property
- Cyber Essentials Plus accredited
- UKAS accredited Safety Management System to ISO 45001 standard
- Member of the Institute of Healthcare Engineering and Estate Management (IHEEM)
- Ranked 2nd nationally in the 100 Best Large Companies to work for survey
- Fore Consulting Limited join Hydrock
- Dr Scott Elliott appointed as Deputy CEO and COO
- 3T Safety Consultants Limited join Hydrock
- Named Engineering Consultant of the Year at Building awards
- SPLtrack join Hydrock
- Complete Design Partnership join Hydrock
- 3E Consulting Engineers join Hydrock
- Top 10 in 100 Best Large Companies to Work For survey
- Joined Business in the Community
- Bay Technology Centre wins Commercial Property Project of the Year at BCIA Awards
- Kelly Taylor Associates join Hydrock
- Leeds office opens
- We commit to Net Zero by 2030
- Two main board appointments, Catriona Tully, CCO and Dr Scott Elliott, COO
- UWE Faculty of Engineering wins Project of the Year at BCIA awards
- Ronnie McCombe joins as Hydrock non-exec chairman
- BCIA award win for The Wave, Bristol
- Joined UK Green Building Council
- MRB Consulting Engineers join Hydrock
- Hydrock wins Health and Wellbeing Leader of the Year award at NCE100
- UK Hydrographic Office wins Commercial Property Project of the Year at BCIA awards
- 4th consecutive year inside top 40 of 100 Best Large Companies to Work For survey
- We issue our first gender pay gap report
- Launch Smart Energy and Sustainability
- Launch Fire Safety Engineering
- We win Best Place to Work at the inaugural Construction Investing in Talent awards
- New Cardiff and Manchester offices open
- Keynsham Civic Centre wins Best of the Best at the British Council for Offices (BCO) Awards
- Nuclear Management Consultancy Ltd (NMCL) join Hydrock
- Acquired Bristol-based Structures One as part of an expansion of our multi-disciplinary service offering
- Founded by our current CEO, Dr Brian McConnell