We have an excellent opportunity for a Senior Structural Technician to join our successful structural engineering team within Newcastle.
Hydrock will offer you the opportunity to work on exciting, high-profile projects that are engaging and help develop your existing skillset portfolio. You will also gain exposure to working with new materials and have the opportunity to work collaboratively with our senior engineers and learn from their expertise.
Civil & Structural Engineering
Our national civil, highways, structural and water engineering team is led from Bristol, where our largest team is located, with established teams in Plymouth, Birmingham, Cardiff, Gloucester, London, Leeds, Newcastle and Manchester.
You can expect exceptional colleagues to work with and learn from and an interesting variety of challenging and sometimes prestigious projects.
Our recent projects include:
- Chase - Northumbria University
- Bridge House - Sunderland
- Portland Park Cinema
- Vita Leazes Student Accommodation
- Stack Whitley Bay
- Farnborough Leisure Centre
Your role will include:
- Advanced use of AutoCAD and REVIT, to produce building and structural design information.
- Delivery of digital models and technical drawings for the design on a variety of structures throughout the UK.
- Liaising with other designers and external consultants to enable co-ordination of project drawings.
- Providing input for project designs and reports.
- Development of AutoCAD / REVIT procedures and quality control.
What we are looking for:
- A positive, enthusiastic and collaborative team player.
- Knowledge of structural engineering and building detailing.
- Proficient in computer aided drawing and the use of AutoCAD and REVIT to produce 2D and 3D models, drawings and schedules.
- Experience of working across a wide range of building sectors.
- A team player with the ability to successfully manage workload to deliver consistently high-quality work.
- An ambitious person, who advocates our values and wishes to be part of Hydrock and our success.
What's great about Hydrock 'in a nutshell'
We are a British-owned integrated multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy of over 900 staff in 21 offices across the UK. Our driving motivation is to be a ‘Force for Good’, as it is our aim to improve the quality of people’s lives from our employees to our clients, through to the communities we work in and our planet as a whole through the work we do.
From the buildings that surround you, the roads and bridges you cross, all related to the infrastructure that we create, we aim to offer the most sustainable possibilities to shape the places, communities and society that we live in through meeting our client’s needs. Through the path we are on to delivering a green future, the result is something that everyone can be proud of.
Our welcoming and friendly culture is something we are proud of and has gained us recognition with 9 years in the Top 100 Best Companies to Work For list. Check out some of our incredible projects which have been awarded: 2022 Net Zero Award for Bay Technology Centre, Integration and Collaborative Working Award for YGG Tan-y-Lan primary school, The Deaf Academy awarded for its Universal Design at the 2022 Civic Trust Awards and Bristol’s iconic waterfront Wapping Wharf Living making a double win at the Bristol Property Awards!
What we can offer you:
- Inspiring and supportive colleagues
- Reward for progression and hard work
- An opportunity to develop your soft skills, as well your technical skills
- Competitive salary
- Excellent health benefits 25 days of holiday (buy/sell up to five days), accrue 1 day extra every 2 years, with bonus holidays too!
- An earlier finish on Friday (4pm!)
- An opportunity to give back: “Day off for good cause” (on a workday)
- A huge range of flexible benefits, including climate perks and an EV car leasing scheme
A place to feel included
We champion diversity, equity and inclusion. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we commit to supporting our employees and ensure we create a safe environment that nurtures you to perform at your best. Offering our people flexibility is an important factor in achieving this aim.
We consider all application individually with the required qualifications and knowledge without regard to any of the protected characteristics. We would like to provide everyone with a fair selection, assessment and employment experience so we ask with are made aware of any physical or neurodiverse condition within your application for which appropriate reasonable adjustments can be made by us.
For the latest updates and news, connect with us on our LinkedIn page!