We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Structural Engineer to join our successful national Civil and Structural Engineering Division within our Bristol office.
Hydrock will offer you the opportunity to work on exciting, high-profile projects that are engaging and help develop your existing skillset portfolio. You will also gain exposure to working with new materials and have the opportunity to work collaboratively with our senior engineers and learn from their expertise.
Your role will include:
- Delivery of scheme and concept designs
- Delivery of detailed design including full tender and construction packages
- Liaison with statutory authorities, architects, the design team and contractors
- Attendance at client, design and site meetings
- Management and development of less experienced engineers and technicians
What we are looking for:
- MEng/ BEng in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Working towards Chartered Membership/ Associate Membership of the IStructE/ ICE
- At least two years’ experience in building structures design
- Strong communication, analysis, technical design and drawing skills
- Self-motivated team player with good people skills
- Basic AutoCAD and Revit skills
- Knowledge of BIM
- Knowledge of Robot, Masterseries or TSD preferable
Civil & Structural Engineering
Our national civil, highways, structural and water engineering team is led from Bristol, where our largest team is located, with established teams in Plymouth, Birmingham, Cardiff, Gloucester, London, Leeds, Newcastle and Manchester.
You can expect exceptional colleagues to work with and learn from and an interesting variety of challenging and sometimes prestigious projects.
Recent projects include:
- Twenty three projects have been shortlisted for the 2023 RIBA South West architecture Awards (4 of which are Hydrock's!)
- The Apiary at the Newt - Hadspen Apiary - Blog - Invisible Studio Architects
- The Roman villa Experience at the newt - Roman VIlla Museum — Stonewood Design
- House with Courtyards - House with Courtyards - Blog - Invisible Studio Architects (Endellion House for us)
- Royal Wooten Bassett School – Wootton Bassett Infants’ School - NVB Architect
- The General Hospital
- Wapping Wharf
- The Wave, Bristol
What's great about Hydrock 'in a nutshell'
We are a British-owned integrated multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy of over 900 staff in 21 offices across the UK. Our driving motivation is to be a ‘Force for Good’, as it is our aim to improve the quality of people’s lives from our employees to our clients, through to the communities we work in and our planet as a whole through the work we do.
From the buildings that surround you, the roads and bridges you cross, all related to the infrastructure that we create, we aim to offer the most sustainable possibilities to shape the places, communities and society that we live in through meeting our client’s needs. Through the path we are on to delivering a green future, the result is something that everyone can be proud of.
Our welcoming and friendly culture is something we are proud of and has gained us recognition with 9 years in the Top 100 Best Companies to Work For list. Check out some of our incredible projects which have been awarded: 2022 Net Zero Award for Bay Technology Centre, Integration and Collaborative Working Award for YGG Tan-y-Lan primary school, The Deaf Academy awarded for its Universal Design at the 2022 Civic Trust Awards and Bristol’s iconic waterfront Wapping Wharf Living making a double win at the Bristol Property Awards!
To top off, here’s our 2022 wrap up video!
What we can offer you:
- Inspiring and supportive colleagues
- Reward for progression and hard work
- An opportunity to develop your soft skills, as well your technical skills
- Competitive salary
- Excellent health benefits 25 days of holiday (buy/sell up to five days), accrue 1 day extra every 2 years, with bonus holidays too!
- An earlier finish on Friday (4pm!)
- An opportunity to give back: “Day off for good cause” (on a workday)
- A huge range of flexible benefits, including climate perks and an EV car leasing scheme
- Our biggest event of the year: Annual Challenge Day!
A place to feel included
We champion diversity, equity and inclusion. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we commit to supporting our employees and ensure we create a safe environment that nurtures you to perform at your best. Offering our people flexibility is an important factor in achieving this aim.
We consider all application individually with the required qualifications and knowledge without regard to any of the protected characteristics. We would like to provide everyone with a fair selection, assessment and employment experience so we ask with are made aware of any physical or neurodiverse condition within your application for which appropriate reasonable adjustments can be made by us.
For the latest updates and news, connect with us on our LinkedIn page!
More about us
Our year on film
It’s impossible to note all the many wonderful stories and achievements, when marking the end of another brilliant 365 days, so instead we give you our end of year video – enjoy – we did!Read more
Unlocking healthier buildings for happier people
Natural daylight is fundamental for our sleep quality, mood, productivity and overall mental health – it’s one of the most crucial elements of a building’s design.Read more