Hydrock are always looking for talented professionals who share our values.
If the right opportunity for you isn’t currently advertised, joining our SES (Smart Energy and Sustainability) talent pool means that we will be able to contact you as soon as the right vacancy arises. We are often recruiting from graduate roles right up to Director level with everything in between!
Our Smart Energy & Sustainability division:
We’re helping clients to unlock cheaper, cleaner, and more reliable energy and maximise the potential economic and environmental value of their projects whilst delivering on wider environmental and sustainability principles. Find out more with our YouTube pitch here!
As a team we are passionate about addressing the climate and energy challenge with positive solutions. As a business we are committed to being net-zero by 2030, we’re signed up to the Science Based Targets Initiative and we’re also active members of the UK Green Building Council and Business in the Community.
Our work includes:
- Net-zero carbon studies at project and master planning levels
- Planning application support documents including energy strategy and environmental assessments
- Climate change studies
- ESG strategy
- Life-Cycle Carbon and Cost Analyses (LCCA)
- Renewable energy development and consultancy
- Carbon management verification
Our team is a unique blend of engineers and consultants and this means we can deliver a wide range of project inputs for our clients from the earliest inception stages and onwards.
Most importantly, you’ll find us a lively, good-spirited team, excited about what we’re doing and enjoying each other’s company, and we’ll be sure to give you a warm welcome too.
Join our talent pool is you specialise in:
- Battery Storage
- Climate Change
- Distributed power generation
- District heating and micro-grids
- Demand-side response/energy demand management
- Energy generation and storage
- Energy strategy
- Environmental assessment methods
- ESG consultancy
- Lifecycle assessment (whole life carbon)
- Lifecycle costing
- Master planning
- Net Zero and carbon management / decarbonisation
- Renewable energy systems
- Solar and wind
- Utilities management
- Waste strategy
What's great about Hydrock 'in a nutshell'
- We are a British-owned integrated multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy of over 900 staff in 21 offices across the UK. Our driving motivation is to be a ‘Force for Good’, as it is our aim to improve the quality of people’s lives from our employees to our clients, through to the communities we work in and our planet as a whole through the work we do.
- From the buildings that surround you, the roads and bridges you cross, all related to the infrastructure that we create, we aim to offer the most sustainable possibilities to shape the places, communities and society that we live in through meeting our client’s needs. Through the path we are on to delivering a green future, the result is something that everyone can be proud of.
- Our welcoming and friendly culture is something we are proud of and has gained us recognition with 9 years in the Top 100 Best Companies to Work For list. Check out some of our incredible projects which have been awarded: 2022 Net Zero Award for Bay Technology Centre, Integration and Collaborative Working Award for YGG Tan-y-Lan primary school, The Deaf Academy awarded for its Universal Design at the 2022 Civic Trust Awards and Bristol’s iconic waterfront Wapping Wharf Living making a double win at the Bristol Property Awards!
- To top off, here’s our 2022 wrap up video!
What we can offer you:
- Great learning and development opportunities.
- Inspiring and supportive colleagues
- Reward for progression and hard work
- An opportunity to develop your soft skills, as well your technical skills
- Competitive starting salary
- Excellent health benefits 25 days of holiday (buy/sell up to five days), accrue 1 day extra every 2 years, with bonus holidays too!
- An earlier finish on Friday (4pm!)
- An opportunity to give back: “Day off for good cause” (on a workday)
- A huge range of flexible benefits, including climate perks and an EV car leasing scheme
- Our biggest event: Challenge Day!
For the latest updates and news, connect with us on our LinkedIn page!